You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: HOLD ON: NY Times reporting deal NOT done!

Guy's, we need to slow down, the deal is not complete--there is still plenty of time for this to completely fall apart, which I would put at over a 50% chance.  I am sure that if the weekend passes, without a deal, then the band will get cold feet and we're back to square one. 

Here is the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/27/arts/ … l?ref=arts

Additionally, Best Buy is negotiating with the band to be the exclusive retailer of 'Chinese Democracy.' The album could go on sale as early as Nov. 25, according to people close to the deal who were not authorized to speak because it has not been completed. Fans know not to hold their breath

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We're past the point of no return. Its happening one way or the other. Whether by leak or by official release.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We're past the point of no return. Its happening one way or the other. Whether by leak or by official release.

90% of it has been leaked already.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

hopefully there is more new material yet to be heard.. but its coming.. fuck the ny times.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

hopefully there is more new material yet to be heard.. but its coming.. fuck the ny times.

I believe them.  If the deal is not done then the album may not come out this year.  We're not getting the signal to steal homebase just yet.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

James is right. We're past the point of no return. The train is moving, and ala Back To The Future Part III, we either make it work, or the train goes plummeting into the ravine.

If the album is not released, I have no doubt it'll leak. People keep saying "the deal is not finalized", which it very well may not be, but understand, for Gould to be walking around with tracks, Rock Band 2 gets a new track, Body Of Lies gets a new track, and CD shit is all over the place - UNIVERSAL HAS THE ALBUM.

This WILL NOT be a situation of Axl pulling up stakes and leaving. The wheels are already in motion, and the album has been delivered.

This is BEYOND obvious at this point. These kind of negotiations and presentations and soundtracks would not be going on right now if UMG hadn't had the album in their hands for awhile now.

Like James said - we're past the point of no return.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Well, I don't deny the sentiments above, but regardless of what anyone thinks, the Times, when it comes to "news" (not commentary or their editorial section), is the most reliable source in the world.  So, when the wire service of record calls, the sources know to shoot straight, or they will be burned, as the Times will not hesitate to get to the truth and call them on it.  That is why, it is my belief, when the Times called to confirm Reuters/Billboards story, the original sources working under the assumption it was "done" had to back off, and admit"it's not yet done".  I am suggesting we wait, as my gut tells me there are still stumbling blocks, foremost being the "GNR family", which could derail these fluid negotiations with one quick blast of vitriolic masochism.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

James is right. We're past the point of no return. The train is moving, and ala Back To The Future Part III, we either make it work, or the train goes plummeting into the ravine.

If the album is not released, I have no doubt it'll leak. People keep saying "the deal is not finalized", which it very well may not be, but understand, for Gould to be walking around with tracks, Rock Band 2 gets a new track, Body Of Lies gets a new track, and CD shit is all over the place - UNIVERSAL HAS THE ALBUM.

This WILL NOT be a situation of Axl pulling up stakes and leaving. The wheels are already in motion, and the album has been delivered.

This is BEYOND obvious at this point. These kind of negotiations and presentations and soundtracks would not be going on right now if UMG hadn't had the album in their hands for awhile now.

Like James said - we're past the point of no return.

Normally I would agree with you and James.  But this is Axl.  If we are to hear this album this year I tend to believe it'll be via leaks.  Hope I am wrong though.  All we have to do is wait now.  If the deal is done we are only 2 months away.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

CD has to come out. IF Axl doesn't release it, he might as well retire because u will never have a better time than this.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Roads? Where we're going we dont need roads...

The deal has to be done or close to it if best buy people heard material..

Board footer