You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Californication and Tommy Stinson

I think he must know the writers or producers of this show.  I know he has had multiple songs on the show (maybe one tonight during the bar scene--I'll have to rewatch).  Tonight, I believe, at one point they went to a shot of a billboard, that said "Tom and Kate + 2" (or something like that), and I believe it was maybe a picture of Tommy on the billboard.  I will have to re-watch.  Does anyone have the Californication soundtrack--I think Tommy's cover of "U can't always get what u want" was on there.  The scene where they play "light of day' during the 1st season, was perfect!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool, but I really don't get Californication. All it seems to be is Ducovney walking around LA a bum writer... and that's pretty much it. No driving point to the story, not plot device... just exists.

Bright Eyes 2005

The show is best summed up by the term "mid-life" crisis--which I think the writers have as well.  In other words, I pretty much agree with you.  It does have some subtle hints of depth and literary tools at work.  On the other hand Dexter, which had it's season three premiere tonight, is brilliant!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i've never seen this show is it any good?

Bright Eyes 2005

It's OK, some people love it--I would say it's an acquired taste.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

It's one of my favorite shows on TV. As a writer, it's pretty much spot on to, well, the downs and funks you find yourself in as a writer (particularly a journalist). Duchovny's always been one of my favorite actors, so plus there.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It's not a bad show by any means. I think it some ways it has alot in common with "Rescue Me" in the sense that the major point of the show is just watching the trainwreck that is the lead character's (Leary on RM, Ducovney on Cali) life. Both led hedonistic lives, both want their wives & families back, both are basically death warmed over.

It's not a bad concept, just gets a little repetitive at times.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Rescue Me's another good show. I look forward to a new season finally starting up. Right now FX's got Sons of Anarchy to keep me watching. Nip/Tuck comes back in January. That's another show about watching the trainwreck that is the lead characters lives. I think I must just like depressing, melodramatic, serialized TV.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I got burned out of Nip/Tuck after Season 3. I just get never get my interest back in it.

But am certaintly watching Sons of Anarchy, and still tune into The Shield weekly.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Speaking of tv, has anyone seen the new CBS show The Mentalist? I love it. second episode comes on tuesday

Board footer