You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Westerberg & Stinson together again

Will wrote:

Westerberg & Stinson together again (Oct 1st 2008)
By Chris Riemenschneider (StarTribune.com)

replacements.jpg

I just got off the phone with Tommy Stinson, for an interview to discuss the four new Replacements reissues (look for an article in Sunday's Variety A&E section, online over the weekend). He was down in New Orleans writing some songs with Dave Pirner. That was great news to hear, but even better was the mention he nonchalantly dropped into the conversation about being back in town last week to 'mess around' with Paul Westerberg and Michael Bland. Wow.

He sounded enthusiastic about the sessions and said, 'It was a lot of fun.' When I asked if they did any recording, though, he answered, 'Nah, that's getting to first base. We're sort of still in the dugout chewing gum.' As for the general state of the two former '˜Mats mates relationship, he said, 'We're good friends, and I'm sure we're going to work together again.'

What do you think? Should we get excited about this, or file it under 'We'll See'¦'?

Source: Star Tribune Blog

PaulWesterberg.com, where I found the article noted the following:

PaulWesterberg.com wrote:

It feels like they are moving ever so slowly closer to some kind of reunion, doesn't it? Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but that's some damn interesting news.

neutral

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

if my theory that this will be marketed like NIN is correct, then there's no reason for Tommy to stick around. His recording is done(obviously), and since he doesn't serve much of a purpose(no offense Tommy), then he is free to do whatever he wants.

Finck- NIN
Fortus- Rihanna and God knows what else
Dizzy- Hookers and Blow and an upcoming solo album
Tommy- Replacements/Soul Asylum
Bumble- solo stuff

Their services are no longer needed. Whether its for Chinese or reunion.

Adios muchachos

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Difference is that Trent doesn't handle the fans as enemies and he actually talks and updates the website. If nobody is around who played on the record, we'll get Beta, Fernando and Del James interviews in Rolling Stone and Metal Hammer.

Sky Dog wrote:

I do think Tommy's services are needed to promote the record. He has alot of credibility with the US rock and roll press. Tommy can do both Gnr and all his other projects pretty easily. In reality, Gnr is a very low maintenance gig.

I'm pretty sick of this shit though....either tell us when the record is coming out or just tell us it's over.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Of course Tommy will promote the album.  All involved seem to be on good terms, and are proud of the accomplishment.  As far as touring, if Tommy is available and needed, he would be on the short list if Izzy does not tour.  The album, and touring, are two seperate entities at this point.  2009 is gearing up to be a massive year for GNR!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

OK, madagas. It's over. At least this version. Next version? Who knows.

Sky Dog wrote:

I refuse to accept it....but I love the fact he is getting back together with Westerberg.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Westerberg could be a bigger asshole than Axl, so if Tommy continues to get back with him, that's saying something.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzOluLpjJrM

WATCH THE FIRST MINUTE OF THIS INTERVIEW-you will know why Stinson sees things in Axl which are similar to the Replacements and Westerberg's attitude. "We do this for ourselves."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What have I been saying? The new band is dead.

The only person there that could pull back is Dizzy. HnB, and even a solo album are not no-GN'R important, they could be postponed.

But the rest... are off with established big acts. If GN'R tour at this point, i'm convinced it'll be the old band.

Board footer