You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

-Jack- wrote:

Yeah I heard 15 in there somewhere

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Yes, fifteen's the word. I still don't know if soon is.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm almost ready to (best) buy into this.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No Monk, Axl told Baz to stop talking about FOUR albums. There would not be four albums.

Doesn't mean three can't happen. Then again, Baz might have been spoiling information for the GN'R camp, and it still could very well be happening. He was told to stop letting the cat out of the bag. Which is very likely.

Thanks for the info russ, the vinyl's are happening and honestly after the information you saw, i'm starting to feel more and more that it's gonna be three albums. Why would each version say "BBY Version", when it's already established that it's a particular version? The SKU info comes across more like CD I (BBY Version), CD II (BBY Version, CD III (BBY Version). There's no way, GN'R would put out three different versions of the SAME album, EVERYWHERE in the U.S. and possibly in the world. Why? Why spend that kind of money on pressings?

I'm just starting to think it's three albums with the more info that comes out. Plus, with the Vinyl's. LP's aren't exactly 'big' sellers these days. What financial sense would it make for GN'R to release THREE records of the same album? How would it sell? It'd be catering to diehards EVEN MORE than three 'versions' of the same album on CD.

Only way this whole thing would be profitable, and make sense, with that many versions is if they are in fact three seperate albums, each with their own version available at BBY. Then everyone else will get the three in a "regular release format".

BBY is obviously gonna have some bonuses with these things one way or the other.

VR put out different versions of the same album

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
kozygodd wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No Monk, Axl told Baz to stop talking about FOUR albums. There would not be four albums.

Doesn't mean three can't happen. Then again, Baz might have been spoiling information for the GN'R camp, and it still could very well be happening. He was told to stop letting the cat out of the bag. Which is very likely.

Thanks for the info russ, the vinyl's are happening and honestly after the information you saw, i'm starting to feel more and more that it's gonna be three albums. Why would each version say "BBY Version", when it's already established that it's a particular version? The SKU info comes across more like CD I (BBY Version), CD II (BBY Version, CD III (BBY Version). There's no way, GN'R would put out three different versions of the SAME album, EVERYWHERE in the U.S. and possibly in the world. Why? Why spend that kind of money on pressings?

I'm just starting to think it's three albums with the more info that comes out. Plus, with the Vinyl's. LP's aren't exactly 'big' sellers these days. What financial sense would it make for GN'R to release THREE records of the same album? How would it sell? It'd be catering to diehards EVEN MORE than three 'versions' of the same album on CD.

Only way this whole thing would be profitable, and make sense, with that many versions is if they are in fact three seperate albums, each with their own version available at BBY. Then everyone else will get the three in a "regular release format".

BBY is obviously gonna have some bonuses with these things one way or the other.

VR put out different versions of the same album

Clean and unedited, black, white and red.  Not exactly different versions of the same album.:haha:

This isn't being released through multiple outlets, so there won't be multiple versions.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

There better be a good reason that one version is $13.99 and the other is $19.99.

$13.99 is their pricing for a regular single disc version of an album. $19.99 is their  pricing for limited edition versions. I imagine it is a cd plus bonus dvd. When it is time for release the price should change to around $9.99 and $14.99.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If it comes Nov 23rd CD's main competition to me looks to be Nickelback, Killers and then Britney in terms of chart position. Not the biggest of the heavyweights but they might struggle to outsell the Killers though.

Incidently The Killers have had their single on the radio for 3/4 weeks now. I don't think GNR can be going for an orthadox single release, at least not until CD's out anyway, they're cutting it very fine if they want a single out prior to the albums release.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer