You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy album cover?

James wrote:

Fuck, how many bands already used the title?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Chinese Democracy is rock lexicon now.

I always thought it would be the ultimate F-U if the album was released, and was self-titled.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Chinese Democracy is rock lexicon now.

I always thought it would be the ultimate F-U if the album was released, and was self-titled.

The world would still call it Chinese Democracy.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well I think it'd depend on the presentation of the artwork.

Say you've got three albums, all with specific color themes, i'm sure within a week the "Chinese Democracy" thing would be out the door, and you'd have people referring to stuff like "The Black Album", "The Red Album", "The Green Album", etc.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well I think it'd depend on the presentation of the artwork.

Say you've got three albums, all with specific color themes, i'm sure within a week the "Chinese Democracy" thing would be out the door, and you'd have people referring to stuff like "The Black Album", "The Red Album", "The Green Album", etc.

It's not 3 different albums though. It's 3 versions of CD.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

This is speaking "in theory".

Of course, if it's just artwork, then it'd have to be referred to as CD, regardless of if it was self-titled.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This is speaking "in theory".

Of course, if it's just artwork, then it'd have to be referred to as CD, regardless of if it was self-titled.

I think anything is possible at this point.  And i'll take the album however.  They could hand me a cd-r with no track titles and i'd be content.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly, and that says something about how much the fanbase wants this. I remember in like 2006 (or 2007) can't remember which, when leaks surfaced, that Lisa Reed said something along the lines of "opening a present before Christmas" you're spoiling it for yourself.

It's far passed that point. The reason the leaked downloads are so popular is because it's shrouded in so much mystery, and NO ONE talks about it. If some dude were to send you a flash drive in the mail with lossless waves of the finished album, most people would be content.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Exactly, and that says something about how much the fanbase wants this. I remember in like 2006 (or 2007) can't remember which, when leaks surfaced, that Lisa Reed said something along the lines of "opening a present before Christmas" you're spoiling it for yourself.

It's far passed that point. The reason the leaked downloads are so popular is because it's shrouded in some much mystery, and NO ONE talks about it. If some dude were to send you a flash drive in the mail with lossless waves of the finished album, most people would be content.

Axl could fart into the microphone for 70 minutes and call it Chinese Democracy, and while i wouldn't listen to it, that much needed closure would finally come to this whole saga, for everyone involved with it.

As long as this is released, i'm content.  I may not be happy with the tracklisting etc... but the fact that it's out is good enough. 

Here's hoping for a finished Catcher in the Rye!:beer:

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

well i cant say the use your illusions artwork was really great lets just let the music do the talking. catcher is a great so if is not on there sad

Board footer