You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Brain talks Chinese Democracy

James wrote:

Regardless of whether its Frank or Pee Wee Herman on the tracks or any other changes, all members of that core 2001 lineup(and before) deserve tons of credit. They did what they were asked to do. They did it in spades. Axl was the one who refused to pull the trigger, not them. So even though there are new additions and some prior members might not get much(if any) kudos on the record itself, their contributions should be acknowledged as a whole by the fanbase. I really liked how Bumblefoot acknowledged and praised all members who came before him in a prior interview. He didn't need to do that as he only has to concentrate on the 06 to present era, but he made sure to give kudos where it was needed.

Even new fans will eventually appreciate what was put into this. They will dive into the story, and see that there were many involved in the saga.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Great interview - very interesting. Cheers

I would be really interested to know how different the final release is from what was actually recorded by the 2001 guys, I'm guessing not all that much.  Shame it never got let out of the bag all those years ago.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

That's fucking crazy. 8 months to track drums.

So Freese recorded 30 songs, then Brain re-recorded them. Who's going to be on the album, Brain or Frank?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

That's fucking crazy. 8 months to track drums.

So Freese recorded 30 songs, then Brain re-recorded them. Who's going to be on the album, Brain or Frank?

If I had to bet money on it I'd say Frank but I could be wrong.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

please for fuck sake let frank not be on the album, brain and freese are in a totally different league to that guy.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

please for fuck sake let frank not be on the album, brain and freese are in a totally different league to that guy.

I totally agree with you.  But unfortunately Axl lost 2 great drummers and now we're stuck with Frank.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hope Frank.

I don't know who to blame, Josh or Brain, but the drums sound like fucking shit on just about every leak i've ever heard, and live boots from the 2001-02 era. I don't know if it's Josh's writing, Axl's preference or Brain's, I dunno. But that hip hop drum beat stuff, that's especially prevolent in TWAT & Madagascar is dated by 15+ years. I loved Faith No More too, but their work is still dated today.

I really hope the drums are redone on everything.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't really have a problem with the drums, and as far as live performances go, Brain(and the rest of the band) kicked ten tons of ass on Madagascar at Rio 2001. Still the high point for the CD era in a live setting.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Wow, I actually like Frank. I must be in the minority

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Great insights.

Frank was actually pretty kick ass when I saw him last year, but I pray we get Brain/Freese on CD. Those guys are in the premier league of drummers.

Board footer