You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: Australia to get Democracy Nov 22? apparently...

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6577

Guns `n Roses Chinese Democracy Hits The Release Schedule

by Paul Cashmere - October 16 2008
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Universal Australia has included Guns `n Roses `Chinese Democracy` on its upcoming release schedule.

The album is listed for both physical and digital release in Australia on November 22.

`Chinese Democracy` is the sixth studio album from the Gunners and the first studio album since the covers release `The Spaghetti Incident` of 1993.

The last studio album from Guns '˜n Roses was '˜Use Your Illusion 1 and II' in 1991.

Songs we know will be included on the album are '˜Better', '˜Chinese Democracy', '˜IRS', '˜Madagascar', '˜Shackler's Revenge'. '˜Sorry', '˜The Blues' and '˜There Was A Time'.

The official tracklisting has yet-to-be announced.

The origins of '˜Chinese Democracy' date back to 1994 but was initially stalled by infighting within the original band. Guitarist Slash walked out of the band in 1996. Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan followed soon after.

Axl Rose continued on as Guns '˜n Roses and recruited session guys to take the place of the original band.

Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson and Josh Freese were recruited to G '˜n R at the time.

Stinson and Finck will be heard all these years later on the album. Freese departed around the turn of the century.

'˜Chinese Democracy' first hit the Universal release schedule in 1999 when it was listed as 'coming soon'. From that period, only the song '˜Oh My God' surfaced when it was used in the movie '˜End of Days'. '˜Oh My God' is no longer listed as a song for the album.

'˜Shackler's Revenge' was released recently in the game Rock Band 2. Another song from the album titled '˜If The World' can be heard in the closing credits for the new Russell Crowe movie '˜Body Of Lies'.

looks like a regurgitated version of the current RS article

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm going to be camped out at JB that morning!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think that will happen.

November 23rd is already an unorthadox release date, that seems to be solely rooted in the Best Buy U.S. exclusive. The website even has November 25th.

I think it will be released Sunday, November 23rd in the U.S. alone at Best Buy stores only. It'll be released worldwide (outside of the U.S.) both physical & digitally on November 25th.

This has no source for the actual Universal Australia schedule, and just seems to be someone who got the RS article, and tacked on a day early, because that's the norm outside the U.S.

It would make no sense for Best Buy from a business standpoint to have an exclusive, and GN'R to put the album out two days early, just for Australia to get it on Saturday.

So what's next, Europe gets it Friday? Japan on Thursday? China on Wednesday? By the time we're done it'll be an entire week early.

It'll be Nov. 23rd in the U.S., Nov. 25th everything else, imo.

Captain Winkler

november 23 would be a monday for aus wouldnt it?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Technically, yeah. 22 = Sunday, and so forth.

It's still a day ahead of time across the Pacific, in comparison to the U.S.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

No novemeber 22 is a saturday here smile Which i THINK is the normal release date for CDs here...for example Black Ice from AC/DC is shipping friday night with stores told not to put it on shelves till this saturday.....(so said the clerk today)

I'm not saying it will happen...but i think its possible if they view the Best Buy thing as a USA only deal that the rest of the world will just get it filtered down in the way they would a normal album....

Captain Winkler

monkeychow what state and city are you from? where are you going to buy it?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Aus gets CD's on Saturdays? WTF..

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

New Zealand often gets them on Saturday too

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow, I did not know that. I knew Europe got them on Mondays, but I thought Tuesday was pretty much the norm everywhere.

Board footer