You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Alleged Guns N' Roses Leaker Pleads Innocent

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

We all plead innocent to shit we did. If you plead guilty, you're guilty. If you plead innocent, they have to find you guilty.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm not quite sure how you plead innocent to something you bragged about doing.

Yeah that is kinda ridiculous.  No one will find him innocent.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but the problem dr_love is that if he's found 'guilty' (which he will be, he basically confessed countless times, and bragged about it), they're gonna go TOUGHER on him, for not just pleading guilty to begin with.

So suck on that Kev.

Plus, wasn't Cogill an employee at UMG at one time? They're gonna hand him his ass if that's the case.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

I'm actually hoping this case will get settled soon, if not dismissed completely. There is a chance of that btw...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

He faces three years in federal prison if convicted, and five years if the court finds he posted the songs for commercial gain.

i dont htink he'll be found of posting for commercial gain...unless t hey count internet fame on gnr message boards

as for violating copyright laws...how was he supposed to know the songs were copyrighted or not? they are not officially released yet

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:

as for violating copyright laws...how was he supposed to know the songs were copyrighted or not? they are not officially released yet

And that is why we can't rule out the chance of this case being dismissed, and I think his attorney had him plea "not guilty" based on this fact...I seriously doubt he'll do more than 3 months jail time, if that even...

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm not quite sure how you plead innocent to something you bragged about doing.

Strategy. No one pleads guilty at this stage in the game. That doesn't mean he won't plead guilty in the future.

Board footer