You are not logged in. Please register or login.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Re: Steven Adler on Celebrity Rehab

gawd.  knew this show was coming on soon, dont think its on in the UK yet - but that clip... i feel for him.  He's practically destroyed himself and needs help.  But should it be on a reality tv show?? Who knows.  if it opens a door to the right person being able to help him, then thats cool. but it is sad, and he has deteriorated a lot more since I last saw him.

Thursday night at 10pm is when the second episode airs.  I'll report back if anything interesting happens with him.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

that felt terribly staged to me....how much of this is just plain hollywood sensationalism at play here...?...

i don't doubt the fact that Steven is fucked up on drugs, but he is a media whore, and knows exactly what to say and when to say it in order to get attention to his shit...

the whole Slash thing brings him back into the limelight easy, and it keeps the producers of the show happy, as he is generating controversy before the show even starts, which increases ratings...which increases his paycheck...which increases the drug supply...

junkies are the best situation manipulators out there...

i believe that he is in serious trouble, but i also think that he is acting most of the time on this....

Sky Dog wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I finally caught this last night. My goodness, he is a mess. He looks a lot worse than he did in the Behind the Music episode. I thought to myself, "There is no way, if a reunion occurs, that Adler could be the drummer." He wouldnt survive on a cash cow tour like that.

I thought the same thing.....it will either be Sorum or one of the new guys. Adler will never be back in Gnr.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I finally caught this last night. My goodness, he is a mess. He looks a lot worse than he did in the Behind the Music episode. I thought to myself, "There is no way, if a reunion occurs, that Adler could be the drummer." He wouldnt survive on a cash cow tour like that.

I thought the same thing.....it will either be Sorum or one of the new guys. Adler will never be back in Gnr.

And it's really sad for him.  I don't think this show will help him any either.  At the end of the day he's not going to get over these abandonment issues.  It's been a long time, all they can do is prevent his eventual overdose.  At the rate he's headed, it's going to happen some day.

It's a shame.  This guy has (or had) and increadible amount of talent.  I hope he gets his act together but i can't really ever see him being in GNR again.  hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Brett wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And sadly, he's stuck in a time dialation field. In Steven's mind, he hasn't moved on from ANYTHING. It's still 1990.

Damn shame.

Ya know, Adler should reunite with Axl. Sounds like the two have a lot in common. tongue

Apparently not. He's not sitting back fucked up on drugs, and whining about reunions.

Not to mention, current-GN'R, albeit a couple UYI-styled ballads, sound nothing like the old band.

As for the Matt Sorum comment, the only piece of shit I see is the one on Celebrity Rehab. I guess you just have to understand that Steven is a very very sick man.

People who sit back and just lambast people who think a reunion should feature Matt on drums, or even Frank Ferrer, need to really see this. You need to get a real idea what Axl & Slash have been saying for years about this guy. His time with GN'R was done in 1990. It's never ever going to happen again, and that's because of Steven himself.

But you do have to wonder how much the band feels responsible for. They all partied, and had shit happen to them. Axl OD'ed, got busted for coke possession, Slash & Izzy nearly died because of heroin, Duff nearly died because of booze. Do they sit back and say, "I shouldn't have encouraged him".

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
Brett wrote:

Another question of mine is why in the hell Slash wouldn't give him one damn track on the album...

Why didn't Axl let Adler drum on a CD track? Maybe you should find some wasted guy from your past & become his guardian angel. Oh, you don't want to. I guess only Slash should do stuff like that. It's obviously not enough for some of you that Slash made time in his incredibly busy life to support Steven's band, participate in his intervention & tries to just be a stablizing force for Adler. No, know he should just start giving him lucrative paydays because he was friends with the guy 20 years ago, cause that's going to definitely get Adler clean. 14 Some of you people are so clueless.

First people say I'm anti-Axl, now I'm anti-Slash and pro-Adler. Get a clue, dude. Just makes sense on his solo record he said in his book he'd have "Slash & Friends" that he'd have his old buddy on the record. Has he given him plenty of shots? Probably, but let's not sit here and act like Slash hasn't had a shitload of chances in his life, either.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

According Axl, Slash was the one to force Steven out of the band to begin with.

Maybe Slash being his good buddy, was all an Illusion to begin with Steven.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I don't think Adler has any chance over overcoming his addiction until he is able to complete his past.  From where I sit it appears he needs some serious help dealing with and accepting his past first.  He has to let go and get over what happened with GNR, his mother etc etc.  If he is able to do that then maybe he has a chance of beating the addiction.  At the moment it just seems like he is getting help for the symptoms (the drugs), but he needs to address the cause.

It's a very sad situation.  But then there are plenty of people that have been dealt much rougher hands than Steven has, so it's hard to feel sympathy for someone that after 18 years is still wallowing about their past.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Brett wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And sadly, he's stuck in a time dialation field. In Steven's mind, he hasn't moved on from ANYTHING. It's still 1990.

Damn shame.

Ya know, Adler should reunite with Axl. Sounds like the two have a lot in common. tongue

But you do have to wonder how much the band feels responsible for. They all partied, and had shit happen to them. Axl OD'ed, got busted for coke possession, Slash & Izzy nearly died because of heroin, Duff nearly died because of booze. Do they sit back and say, "I shouldn't have encouraged him".

I have thought the same thing.  In a way, i feel they are also responsible for this to a much lesser extent.  They kicked him out of the band, this man who has abandonment issues.  Could the 4 of them stuck by him and helped him get clean?  It's a possibility, but a very very small one.  They all tried to help him i'm sure, and when it came to the point that he couldn't even carry a tune, it was time to go.

Do you think maybe him feeling bitter over being fired caused him to shut them out and deny their future attempts to help him?  I know they all tried to help him as friends after he was out of GNR, but i think he shut them out and refused them because he was angry of being out of a job. 

I think they all feel a little guilty in some way.

Board footer