You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: GNR Myspace Updates

Furbush wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

What's all this hush-hush hybrid line up business?

pure speculation...
not even...
wishful thinking

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

It's not all wishful thinking. People will see a top hat this year. I was just curious what Bright Eyes seems to think has been floated his way.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Do they really need three guitarists? Let Bumble do the leads and Fortus on the rhythm and they're good to go. And does anyone else think it's strange that Josh Freese announced that he was leaving the NIN tour at the end of December? Wouldn't that be ironic if they replaced all his drum parts on the album, then brought him back for the GNR tour?

Von

Von wrote:

I think Freese is just a coincidence.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No way Zakk fuckin' Wylde comes in and plays other guy's material. (same for Slash)

I would say Bucket, but without Brain, I doubt it.

Paul would probably be interested in SOME shows, and in the same breath, maybe Izzy would jam on some of the new songs. But even IF that happened, it wouldn't be long term for either, as neither would want to tour in a regular basis.

It's gonna be someone entirely new. Excluding the previous guys, I think John 5 would be a good move.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No way Zakk fuckin' Wylde comes in and plays other guy's material. (same for Slash)

I would say Bucket, but without Brain, I doubt it.

Paul would probably be interested in SOME shows, and in the same breath, maybe Izzy would jam on some of the new songs. But even IF that happened, it wouldn't be long term for either, as neither would want to tour in a regular basis.

It's gonna be someone entirely new. Excluding the previous guys, I think John 5 would be a good move.

John 5's going to be touring with Zombie in the near future i believe.  Or whenever Zombie's new album is released. 

I can't see John 5 doing it to be honest.

Von

Von wrote:

John 5 is an amazing talent, but wouldn't be properly utilized within GN'R or embraced by a majority of the fanbase. Anyway, he's Zombie's axeman now. He says he's never been happier, and seems very loyal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Axl goes for a 'bluesy' guitarist... he needs to call Slash. Seriously.

Other than that, go for more prog metal/electronic types for the CD sound.

Would be interesting to see Slash surrounded by the new band. How many people out there would call it a GN'R reunion?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I honestly would not want to see Slash and Axl on stage together with the new members of this band.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ I think a hybrid lineup would be lame.  It's either the original 4 plus any old dude on skins or its New GN'R.

Board footer