You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: B-Real: 'Chinese Democracy Is Not Real GNR'

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

Guns N Roses never have a "music Style"

You can see in
AFD
GNR LIES
UYI 1 & 2

and soon in CD

B real maybe is insane in the brain...

Which is why I think it reinforces the unimportance of the old band. Axl has been the driving force of this band for such a long time, if not since the inception, and I know that's a very 'Axlite' thing to say, but i'm not saying it to trash the old band.

They contributed. We get it.

But like 2008Int said, GN'R have never had a musical style. Which goes back to the Queen references that GN'R have had, at least since the UYI-era. Even on AFD, the rock songs all had their unique sound. No formula. Lies ended up being the 'acoustic' album. UYI1 was a new era of blues-influenced rockers, and of course the Elton John/Led Zeppelin-styled epic November Rain. Then UYI2 gave birth to the 'GNR epic', featuring several epic and layered songs such as Civil War, Breakdown, Locomotive & Estranged.

CD will be a whole new bag of tricks.

But the one constant is W. Axl Rose. His voice, his sound, is irreplaceable. Any true GN'R fan will tell you, even if they hate his guts, that he's irreplaceable. Hell, fuckin' Slash has said - "greatest frontman in the world".

But the guitars, drums, keys... all can be replaced. As long as the rockers rock you, and the ballads move you - it'll always be Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. 9

This is Guns N' Roses because that's what it will say on the album cover, or if you want to dig deeper than that, for legal reasons.

Do I like/agree with that?  No.

Do I think most GNR fans really like/agree with that?  No.

Is there fuck all we can do about any of that?  No.

Does what it's called have fuck all to do with how good the music is?  No.

The fact that I 100% believe this should be called an Axl Rose solo album has nothing to do with how much I can enjoy the music.  I can get past it, but a lot of people can't.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Which is why I think it reinforces the unimportance of the old band. Axl has been the driving force of this band for such a long time, if not since the inception, and I know that's a very 'Axlite' thing to say, but i'm not saying it to trash the old band.

What the fuck is that?  All those songs you listed and love would be very different without IZZY, DUFF and SLASH playing and writing them. They did more than just "contribute" to the band. They were the band. GNR would not have been as big if it was only Axl and some second hand or hired guns.

The ONLY reason this band has a shot is because of the "unimportant" old band. Get a fucking clue.

They can be replaced. Get a fuckin' clue.

If CD is a big hit, and a big multi-platinum, legendary album... will you be here in 10 years saying that just due is owed to Robin, Buckethead, Ron, Richard, Paul, Tommy, Brain, Frank, Dizzy & Chris for making Guns N' Roses what it is.

Nah, didn't think so.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I gotta agree with BLS on this. AFD was lightning in a bottle, it'll never be redone. CD will never be "legendary" in any way that overshadows it's 13 year wait. It can be a really good album, great even, but it won't 'reinvent' GnR.

Don't get me wrong, Axl's a great singer & songwriter, one of the best, but that original lineup was awesome!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally wish they would've kept truckin' along in their "bigger than life" lineup of Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt & Dizzy.

We all have our preferences.

But I still think if we were sitting here with a Guns N' Roses, that (for argument's sake) consisted of Scott Weiland, Slash, Duff, Izzy or Gilby, Matt & Dizzy, basically Illusion-GN'R with a different lead singer.

There wouldn't be near the interest imo. We're all gonna see. I've personally thought, even with an album, there's only about a 50% interest in a new GN'R live tour at this point.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Axl is definently one of the greatest frontmen to ever walk the face of this earth. 

Slash is one of the most popular guitarists.

Izzy is one of the greatest rhythm players ever. 

In my opinion, the band really revolved around those three.  But Axl really proved that he can still have that same level of greatness without those two backing him.  Some people may prefer the new music over the old, but looking at just Axl's parts, he has still got it.  His lyric writing has gotten better and his voice still has balls. 

The truth is, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for any of them.

And i agree Axlin08- if it was GNR with Scott Weiland as a singer, they wouldn't be selling out concerts and wouldn't have this amount of interest.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

What the fuck is that?  All those songs you listed and love would be very different without IZZY, DUFF and SLASH playing and writing them. They did more than just "contribute" to the band. They were the band. GNR would not have been as big if it was only Axl and some second hand or hired guns.

The ONLY reason this band has a shot is because of the "unimportant" old band. Get a fucking clue.

Quoted for truth. I thought I was reading HTGTH for most of this thread. I expected each post to end with a condescending 16 If it wasnt for the old guys we'd all be (or probably not) listening to Hollywood Rose, perish the thought.

Next breaking news - B-Real says the world is round.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I was tempted to give some negative karma when I was reading those nonsense comments. Thanks to BLS, I only gave one positive. Axlism annoys me, these songs are far from being great. That's what he can do in 17 years with dozens of musicians to write for him for 13+ million bucks. Imressing.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Temple of boom is a good cd.....

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Fuckin' hell guys. Are you really that far up Axl's asshole? Half of the songs on CD aren't even written by him. Hell, if this album is a success, it will be because he surrounded him with the right people, I'm sure a certain mr. B. Caroll would agree...

Furthermore, it's ridiculous to compare CD to even the UYI's. It's a solid record, but it can't hold a candle to the older material. (big fat IMHO disclaimer, obviously).

As for his lyrics, I find them to be bland in comparison to some of his work on the Illusions (AFD is a different beast altogether, but the juvenile lyrics suit it well), so instead of declaring Axl the sole god of all things guns n roses or popular rock music maybe you guys should wake up and smell the reality.

Damn, never thought I'd read something as overtly ridiculous as the last page of this thread on here.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If it wasn't for BH, half of the people that claim to love the new band wouldn't be interested themselves...many of them have been honest about it too by stating that they lost interest in songs when finding out BH parts might be redone and got interest back when they weren't.  It's not all about Axl...it never was and it never will be.  All about Axl would have given us a 25 minute November Rain piano song.  He may call all the shots in the end, but just like he needed Izzy and Slash, he needed a lot of people involved with this to pull it off.

Board footer