You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: James Hetfield comments on Axl Rose

Axlin16 wrote:

It's just really lame to continue on petty bullshit after all these years. Lars has actually stayed friends with Axl, who was initially critical of him after the Montreal incident.

Understand James, like Axl, is a different guy now too. Kids, alcoholism, a band that nearly imploded... it makes you either grow up, or go further down a bad path.

Metallica where they are now shows that they at least on some level got their shit together.

I think for Axl... this is getting his shit together. He's too emotional, and personal, to not kind of have that shit with the old band in the back of his head for forever. It's easier to kind of be cool with people, you don't really have major ties to, thus the Lars thing, thus the Baz thing.

It'd be cool, imo, to see Axl and James hanging out or something, just having a couple drinks. These guys are guys that ran in the same circles back in the day, and it went MAJORLY sour after that tour between James & Axl.

I think it's nice to see James at least being friendly.

James said positive things about Axl earlier this year in Metallica's official magazine So What! too.

I don't think he dislikes him in any kind of way, I just think that it was apart of his attitude and image that he thought that he had to stay true to for the fans.

The comments he made in A Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica was before the riot occurred as well.

People need to realize that James Hetfield is a completely different person now compared to what he was back then. I think that same thing goes for Axl Rose too in some way.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Wow... i was expecting James to bash the hell out of Axl.  It's nice to see him extend a hand towards Axl.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It'd be cool, imo, to see Axl and James hanging out or something, just having a couple drinks.

16 you heartless bastard...hetfeild is a recovering alcoholic tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Non-alcoholic drinks.

Even I don't drink booze.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Wow... i was expecting James to bash the hell out of Axl.  It's nice to see him extend a hand towards Axl.

Yet he got bashed here by some. 16

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Yet he got bashed here by some. 16

Who would have thought eh?!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The other thing to consider is when he originally made the anti-axl remarks he was not only young, but also a drunk, and in the middle of a tour where - let's be real - there was a certain amount of unfortunate rock-star incidents (late starts, riots), and where it seemed Slash and others would hang with metallica but Axl kept kinda seperate. In that context - I can see it's pretty easy for Axl to become the butt of a few jokes.

Myself I have a ton of respect for Metallica and GNR, both awesome live bands smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

DM is good, but Metallica took no risk, they simply made a record like they should have been making since Black Album.

Maybe i'm not understanding your point properly, but I think Metallica have taken a lot of risks over the years. The Black Album is very different to the old school stuff in sound, and then Load and ReLoad and different again and involved taking a risk and branching out their style. Sure Death Magnetic is more of a return to their roots, but that's what pretty much everyone wanted them to do.

Much like how Axl is canned by some people no matter what he does these days, I feel that Metallica is in a certain place where a % of the audience will hate anything now. Like if they re-make Puppets its going to be too generic and like old men ripping off their glory days, if they redo the black album they've sold out, if they redo reload then they've strayed too far from what made them famous. I'm not saying you think this, i'm just saying I can't see them releasing anythign that's going to satisfy everyone with a stake in this.

For my money Death Magnetic kicks ass, i've got a lot of enjoyment out of cranking it. Likewise, come november 21 or thereabouts, I'm going to be rocking out to CD and I think that will also be a great album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

and I am convinced "King Nothing" was  shot at Axl...

I always thought The Memory Remains was about Axl.

That's also my favorite song from them in the post Black Album era.

Board footer