You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: 2008 Election results thread

Gunslinger wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I have never heard so many OBAMA cries or tshirts in my life as i did today...O.o

o and i support him btw...

Yeah, it's been insane.  The black community has made it ridiculous but I can see their side to a degree also.  My only complaint was 95% of African Americans voting for him, there's no way that wasn't HUGELY racially motivated.

We all need to support him however now, the election is over and the only thing that matters now is success.  Hopefully he will surround himself with the right people and will make good choices.  For those of you that voted for him congradulations.  For those of you who didn't (like myself) let's do all we can to support him as he is our President.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

And the CFR regime continues...

Zionist, APAIC, CFR and former Clinton aide, Rahm Emanuel, to become chief of staff.

I knew you would have something too say about Emanuel. Man oh man shit is gonna get interesting.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

AND VIRGINIA GOES TO???? HMMM??? WHO????

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Communist China wrote:

You guys gotta learn to trust statistics and polling. It's not like they're calling a state with 3 votes turned in because it's 2-1, it's because of accurate exit polling. I know we've been fucked over by premature numbers before, but we will continually improve at gaging public opinion and polling, and even if they did call it wrong at first - not like they can't fix it later. The media calling states early doesn't mean those states can't turn out different and be changed.

If you don't like it, go to bed. The finals will be in when you wake up.

the problem with them calling it early is that it demoralizes those who would vote otherwise.  If I was out west or if my state was still open to vote, why bother going out if Obama is gonna win

I think you're wrong, man...the don't call states 'till their polls have closed

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

you misunderstand apparently.  Polls on the east coast close 3 hours before they do on the west coast.  When Pennsylvania is called 3 minutes after the polls close, do you honestly believe that doesn't have an affect out west?  Let's say I was a McCain support on my way home from work.  I had a busy day and still alot of' shit to do at home, but I want to make sure my vote counts.  As I'm making my 45 min drive home, I turn on my Sirius radio to the political channel to get an update on what's going on.  I hear at 5:03PM  PST, that PA has been called for McCain.  Now because I've been following the news, I know that based off of recent polls, a McCain win in PA was very important, though not required.  However, since they called PA 3 minutes after the polls closed, it must be indicative of the entire election and Obam must be beating McCain with a stick.  Now knowing this, why should i bother driving 20 minutes out of my way, standing in line for an hour, if I know it's already over.  That is why I think the media has a responsibility not to start calling states until after all states have finished polling.  It won't change the outcome and will allow more time to tally ballots so that projections are much more accurate than the dart throwing that has been seen in recent years.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

That is a wonderful idea Randall.  Will it happen though?  Of course not.

Board footer