You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: My guitar complaint *spoilers included*

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Wink is right on his statement though. "Try so hard to prove they can fill Slash's shoes"... that is a classic dumb old Gunner statement.

Hate to break it to you, Buckethead doesn't have to prove he can fill Slash's shoes. He's a better fuckin' guitar player.

That complaint really doesn't hold water now does it? 

I think it's funny that in this post he says that they "try so hard to prove they can fill Slash's shoes", but then goes on to complain about how they DON'T do what Slash would have done in a slower solo- that is play a nice melodic part, instead they add something Slash wouldn't have done- a shredding part.

So how does that argument hold up? 

It doesn't.

You can't say someone is trying to be another person, and then list the ways in which they are different, and then turn around again and say they are trying too hard to be what Slash was for GNR. 

I love these kind of arguments.  There would have been some good points made, but this whole fallacy ruins it. 

And as for no melodic playing, i think you need to go and listen to Buckethead's parts again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Love?

I hate these kind of arguments. They are such a waste of time, and come across as so petty and "sour grapes".

Get over it already. Slash is out of the band.

I love the guy, but as soon as I read "that TWAT solo would be really amazing with Slash", I just roll my eyes and never take a single post seriously from that person ever again.

They're someone who STILL can't get past the fact the man is not in the band. Axl could resurrect the corpse of Jimi Hendrix, to play guitar on the album, and they'd still be talking about how Slash could do Jimi's work better than him.

I'm not saying you shouldn't respect Slash, but after nearly 10 years with new songs (OMG in '99), can we finally move past these gay "Slash would sound better on [insert new Guns song]" arguments.

Jesus H. Christ

Yep,here's what I say,Slash isn't in the band anymore,so stop complaining about it and support this band or not,I for one do support this band and I think it's great that Slash does what he's doing.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think sometimes the 'new' guys did a pretty amazing job on the songs. I haven't heard all the final tracks, but TWAT's BH guitar solos are perfect as they are (although Finck's parts could have been better). Other times the guitar work is just... meh. I still miss the memorable riffs as the new guitar music is mostly power chords only that sucks for such a huge guitar band like Guns N' Roses. It's not about that I'm a huge Slash fan and noone comes close to his emotional playing, cause I like a lot of other guitarists, too, and BH's one of them.

Anyway, I don't think that we should compare every new guitar note to Slash's, since there is no point for them to try to play like a Slash-impersonator. Unfortunately sometimes they do, I guess Axl asked them for that. Doesn't matter. I wish them to play their own music, and don't care how different it is from the older material. They can't recreate the same magic, they should create something new magic if they can. It's a whole different Axl Rose-fronted band, that, for some reasons, has the same name. I don't wanna restart the name issue, but if this band was called anything else than Guns N' Roses, there would be less complaint about the guitar playing, as people could look at them as a different band. As I don't miss Slash from Led Zeppelin, Skid Row or The White Stripes, I wouldn't miss him from A Band That's Not Called Guns N' Roses. Rant over, try to enjoy the music.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

While I do like the guitar work in most of the songs, D does raise some valid points. There's nothing that will really grab casual listeners by the balls. Even if there was, its buried under a mountain of other sounds. The version of If the World on the album a perfect example. Bucket is amazing on this track, yet there are so many different sounds being forced into this track, you expect Chubby Checker to start doing 'The Twist' at some point.

While I don't care what the casual listener thinks, those are the people who will make or break this band. Not us. They already sold us on this material years ago.

I do agree with the sentiment about This I Love practically begging for Slash. Its the only track that screams for him to jump in. The track runs in place when it needs one of those NR/Estranged type solos to take it places it otherwise couldn't go. An Electric Tears type solo would have worked wonders on this track as well, but for some reason Bucket isn't even on it.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

nothing comes out of these kind of 'discussions'.

some want slash back because he's 'emotional', others bucket because he's the best guitarist ever, and then a few think finck is better than may.........they all actually believe their opinion is worth more than 2 cents on this planet and it will change anything big_smile

jimb0
 Rep: 1 

jimb0 wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

nothing comes out of these kind of 'discussions'.

and then a few think finck is better than may.. big_smile

LOL 14  That's funny.

Why are people thinking about slash, I think because the band is called Guns N' Roses.

This I love is one of the most beautiful songs axl has written, but without a powerful solo its a 5 instead of a 10 man.

jimb0
 Rep: 1 

jimb0 wrote:

Finck should be Rythm and Fortus should be lead.  Why do they have a rythm guitarist as a lead guitarist and vice versa.

Axl why'd you let Finck fuck up your  brand, you are an idiot.  You are a genius but Finck on lead is the stupidest decision you ever made. 

God Damn, I could do a better job than Finck. 

I think a lot of people will have this opinion in the real world as well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Why Fortus on lead? What leads you to entertaining that idea? He's done nothing for GNR at this point. Wishing Paul Huge would be on lead would make more sense than Fortus fantasies.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer