You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Did you buy Chinese Democracy single on Itunes?

James wrote:

300_415413a.jpg

I know it hasn't been released world wide yet, but is already available in certain countries. I wanted to do a poll to see how many Evo members actually bought the track on Itunes.

Please don't vote yes just for shits and giggles if you didn't buy it. Would like an accurate representation of how many really buy it.

EDIT - 11.11.2008: A physical 7" release may also be released. See this reply for more info and further discussion.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

So, for those who have access now, is it just the single for 99 cents?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I will buy it the day that it comes out on the Australian site. But am still waiting for that to happen. Does anyone know if there will be a physical CD single or isn't that done much anymore?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm assuming that was actually an alternate cover for CD, that's being used now instead to promote the single.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I really don't see the point of buying a digital single.

James

James wrote:

I doubt there will be a physical cd in stores. They would have already shipped and would be available for order online.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I really don't see the point of buying a digital single.

The only point is to show support for the band. We all have this track already and will have the album in two weeks. Only point in buying the single is to help move it up the Itunes charts. I REALLY think they should have offered a b side with this to entice hardcores. If they gave an incentive, it would have sold a few thousand the second it hit Itunes. That would have gave it some added attention and would have propelled it a bit further.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I clicked no - I don't do Itunes.  I buy physical product or if I download something I do it for free (steal it).

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:

I hate iTunes... crappy heavy software

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The only point is to show support for the band. We all have this track already and will have the album in two weeks. Only point in buying the single is to help move it up the Itunes charts. I REALLY think they should have offered a b side with this to entice hardcores. If they gave an incentive, it would have sold a few thousand the second it hit Itunes. That would have gave it some added attention and would have propelled it a bit further.

What the band, or company as it appears today, fails to understand is that the hardcore fanbase will buy anything worth collecting. That means something physical or exclusive, like a b-side.

This is just a ripoff far as I'm concerned. They're already giving it away for free by playing it on the radio, so what is the deal here, supporting millionaires? If they're gonna be a company at least do some segment research. Far as the chart thing go, not my cup of tea.

Board footer