You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Rolling Stone Review-Chinese Democracy

Sky Dog wrote:

I had a crazy idea that I think would be a pretty cool photo for the cover of  Rolling Stone. The headline could read "Sgt. Axl's Lonely Hearts Club Band"-the story of Chinese Democracy. Then, the picture could be a knockoff of the Beatles album cover with all the faces of everyone who has had a hand in the project. inside the cover it would give the names of all the faces. Yeah, I know. I'm bored at work. yikes

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

sounds pretty cool Madagas. Maybe change it to Sgt. Axl's Forgotten Faces Club Band though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

does anyone really care what the revews say...good or bad? i know i dont...i dont read those rags and i could care less what some random asshole thinks is good music...all that matters to me is what i think is good

bands like radio head and chilipeppers and weezer always get good reviews....i fucking hate those bands so to me reviews dont mean shit

Sky Dog wrote:

I care a little about Rolling Stone, Billboard, Spin, Pitchfork, All Music Guide and a few others....but, in reality, there are very few respectable music publications/websites anymore. The internet has thrown critics for a loop with all the blogging. "Everybody has their own opinions" as Perry Farrell once proclaimed in the classic Jane's Addiction Mountain Song.

We know the critics will be a love/hate thing like they have always been with Gnr. So, in the end, I don't care what critics say, what dj's say, how many times a song is played on the radio etc....I just want this album to sell good enough to keep Mr Rose happy enough to keep releasing new music...whether it is solo material, Gnr, whatever. 13

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

does anyone really care what the revews say...good or bad? i know i dont...i dont read those rags and i could care less what some random asshole thinks is good music...all that matters to me is what i think is good

bands like radio head and chilipeppers and weezer always get good reviews....i fucking hate those bands so to me reviews dont mean shit

I don't care what they say. I've heard enough of the album (every song in some form or fashion) to know it's great. Not on Appetite's level, but definitely on the level of the Illusion albums except that it's a more solid album than those 2. There are no "My World" throwaway songs on CD.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

James, you're attachment to Blender is sort of puzzling. Never in a million years would I look to that magazine as a reliable source for ... anything.

I'm not 'attached' to it. I also don't look at it as a 'reliable source' of info. Its an entertainment magazine. Read for entertainment. Its not Time Magazine. Neither is Rolling Stone. In fact, both are pretty similar. Last year, the same album won album of the year in both magazines.

One reason I look forward to Blender's review is they'll likely mention more songs, will probably talk more about the line up, and will of course inject a bit of humor into it. Rolling Stone's review is pretty damn good, but its like they didn't even listen to the whole album.

There is definitiely a significant portion of the fanbase who want the reviews to be bad and the album to fail......alot of them come through this board.

So because I'd like a review to go a tad more in depth and mention more members than Axl Rose, that means I want it to fail??

Sky Dog wrote:

wasn't talking to you.....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

wasn't talking to you.....

Well, I don't think anyone here wants it to fail. Sure, if critics bash it and the sales aren't as big as previously thought you'll get a few 'I told you so' remarks from some people. That's a bit different than a desire for failure.

Even the most hardcore 'reunionists' shouldn't desire this album to fail.

Sky Dog wrote:

they do though...no doubt in my mind.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd love to see the album succeed, and future albums to start rolling out, like once a year. That'd be beautiful.

I just don't know how much of a possibility there is for that happening.

Board footer