You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Bach says he is on Sorry.. Leak fake

misterID wrote:

I can hear Baz's scream. He really stands out on the last chorus.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Which leads to an interesting question......

If I hear it, you hear it, and others hear it.......why doesn't Baz hear it?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i am gonna have to be the dumbass that doesn't hear it and say so.

i hear several sounds, including talking and whistling in the background but the only discernable vocal layers i am hearing are axl's

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Baz thought it would be a real duet on the chorus where his voice would be up in the mix, when he's really just backing vocals. That's why he doesn't stand out to everyone... Even Baz 16

war, you can hear him under Axl on the chorus. Listen to the last chorus on the "You Should Believe..." you can hear Baz screaming, it's very high pitch. Trust me he's there.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think you mean "won't set them free" from the second and final chorus and i hear it now but it's definitely only audible in a few parts if even more than the one you're talking about. doesn't help me stop wondering if this even close to final quality.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Which leads to an interesting question......

If I hear it, you hear it, and others hear it.......why doesn't Baz hear it?

Too much country music.

tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Pine Barrens wrote:

I'm not so sure it (the leak) is Sorry, it's a differentt CD track...It sounds nothing like Baz described and i can't hear Baz on the leaked track.

Please tell me you're joking.

This song is CLEARLY Sorry.

Reminds me of the "debate" that sprung up over whether Song 2 was actually Prostitute. For fuck's sake, he says the words in the songs. 16

Alot of that has to do with the fans, with this whole ridiculous CD saga, have built these songs up to be something else than they actually are. Not in greatness, but in form.

After Prostitute was described by that one dumbass as Nightrain meets November Rain (the most inaccurate analysis ever), people got built up in their head that Prostitute was a rocker, a HARD rocker, in the like of AFD.

It was the furthest from that. It was a ballad, and very much a ballad, like nothing GN'R has done before with soft Coldplay-like vocals from Axl, before kicking into a unique fast paced but soft middle section, and closing out with a Michael Mann film-esque keys by one Mother Goose.

Great fuckin' song. My favorite (at this time) of the CD stuff.

But people REFUSED to accept it was Prostitute, even though it was so obvious. Why? Because they wanted the myth back. The song was nothing like they thought, and they wanted what was descibed. This is why Axl, very intelligently imo, has avoided describing these songs in certain manners over the years (unlike when he described the Illusion songs vs. AFD/Lies), because he wanted to avoid misleading people.

It's the same thing with Sorry. I was knocked off my ass with that song, because mainly it was something totally different than was described.

NOTHING about that song is doom metal, or like doom metal, or whatever the fuck. I remember reading an interview in 2006, which has escaped capture, where I specifically remember Baz comparing Sorry to Coma.

That was the clincher right there. What in the fuck did Baz hear? Sorry is not doom metal, and it ain't Coma. Furthest from it.

Hidden Text:

Axl's David Gilmour impression is what it is.

Some of this denial is because there's quite a few people around that WAY misdiagnosed these songs, and alot of fans still, in some weird delusional way in their head, REFUSE to accept these songs are what they are. They want the legend, the myth, of the title - Prostitute back. Sorry back. The only song that has seemingly captured people's impressions was This I Love.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

David Gilmour? LOL, have you listened to his recent solo album? "Sorry" sounds like that for some of the song, but the main chorus is closer to doom metal than it is David Gilmour. BTW, I think Prostitute is a kickass song. Never understood the backlash to it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I disagree man. I don't hear doom metal AT ALL.

The chorus is like doom metal? Where? Doom metal sounds like a melodic ballad?

I'd be willing to say some of it's Gilmour, and the chorus is like an Ozzy song, like some have said, but doom metal... 10

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I disagree man. I don't hear doom metal AT ALL.

The chorus is like doom metal? Where? Doom metal sounds like a melodic ballad?

The riff sounds like some of the doom metal riffs I've heard. It's a Sabbath-eseque riff. Pretty heavy shit for a song that does in fact start out as a slow Gilmour type ballad.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I still say it's closer to Ozzy-solo than Sabbath.

Board footer