You are not logged in. Please register or login.

LoneSalBugz
 Rep: 3 

Re: Izzy

LoneSalBugz wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Got an update from my brother.  He actually uses the same cleaning lady as Izzy, so he asked about him leaving.  It is fair to point out that my brother is about as cool as rainbow suspenders and doesn't give a rat's ass about GNR.   Hell, for two years he only occasionally mentioned how he had some "weirdo" musician neighbor.  It wasn't until I was up there for a week that I realized it was Izzy.  Anyway, he asked the cleaning woman if the "weirdo" was moving out and she said he was "going back to work with his old music group."

LMAO.

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

Re: Izzy

LoneSalBugz wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Got an update from my brother.  He actually uses the same cleaning lady as Izzy, so he asked about him leaving.  It is fair to point out that my brother is about as cool as rainbow suspenders and doesn't give a rat's ass about GNR.   Hell, for two years he only occasionally mentioned how he had some "weirdo" musician neighbor.  It wasn't until I was up there for a week that I realized it was Izzy.  Anyway, he asked Rosa if the "weirdo" was moving out and she said he was "going back to work with his old music group."

LMAO.

16:haha::haha::haha:

I wish this were true.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Izzy

Saikin wrote:
downliner wrote:

14 It keeps getting better.

Since you didnt say which previous band I'm going to assume its Ju Ju Hounds, if only for you to come back with another awesome story about how the removal guy was wearing a KFC bucket on his head.

Actually, my brother's best friend's sister's mother, well she was in NY the other day and saw Bumblefoot carrying an empty bucket of KFC. 

I'm just saying.  16

monkeychow
 Rep: 644 

Re: Izzy

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually maybe GN'R could rock some VR stuff.

The Eagles did it. They played their set of classic together, then allowed solo sections for Don, Glenn & Joe to do some of their biggest solo hits. The main difference is most of their work, could tie in with The Eagles hits.

GN'R is WAY off. The CD & VR material is a long ass way away from GNR's back catalog. It might would kill the flow of a set.

I'm not sure if they'd ever do it...but in theory I could see that working. I don't think it would kill the flow any more than the solo spots in the 06 tour do. (I know there's always been solo spots but with so many band members in 06 it did start to break up the 'flow' of songs, like add breaks on TV!).

But I don't think the material is too far removed to work. The contraband songs like were a lot more guitar based than they sounded on the record..presumably for a 09 tour Axl will combine CD tracks with a few of the classic GNR hits from AFD. I see no reason why a song like "Do it For the Kids" can't replace somethign in the set list like "Out To Get Me" in terms of style...both of them will sound old school next to Shacklers Revenge tho....

I can't really see them doing it though...as which of Slash's and Duffs stuff would they choose? Like why only VR? Duffs solo record or loaded, Slash's Snakepit 1 and 2 - some of that stuff is better than VR...but I can't see them doing that..up there with GNR....it's why i think if they do a reunion they should try and write some new material...as trying to focus on the past will either mean we only get AFD stuff which while cool has been done to death lately...or we get a very difficult mix of things...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Izzy

Axlin16 wrote:

VR is the only project that Slash & Duff got a platinum album, and the audience would identify with.

New GN'R have never played a wealth of CD material. Maybe that'll change with the album being out... but for some reason - I doubt it. I don't think it's a far stretch to get Slash & Duff to play on only 3-4 CD songs, with the rest being the back catalog. They already do that anyways without them.

It wouldn't be marketed as the CD world tour anyways. There's more money in marketing a reunion. They might wouldn't play any CD material at all.

Re: Izzy

nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

VR is the only project that Slash got a platinum album

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere & Contraband both went platinum.

21

James
 Rep: 646 

Re: Izzy

James wrote:

Old GNR playing CD, Contraband, Snakepit,etc.?? 18

Please pass the crack pipe.



If a reunion happens, no one is going to give two shits about Chinese Democracy or Velvet Revolver.

Even if CD became the biggest selling album this decade and had 5 number one singles, the moment Axl and Slash show up onstage together, nobody will care about any of that. Its AFD and UYI rehash all the way to the bank, and the whole world will love it, including those who claim to hate Slash. In fact, his 'haters' will probably be first in line for tickets.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Izzy

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Old GNR playing CD, Contraband, Snakepit,etc.?? 18

Please pass the crack pipe.



If a reunion happens, no one is going to give two shits about Chinese Democracy or Velvet Revolver.

Even if CD became the biggest selling album this decade and had 5 number one singles, the moment Axl and Slash show up onstage together, nobody will care about any of that. Its AFD and UYI rehash all the way to the bank, and the whole world will love it, including those who claim to hate Slash. In fact, his 'haters' will probably be first in line for tickets.

IF they opt for a reunion I hope they record an album.  Otherwise it would be pretty pointless.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Izzy

Axlin16 wrote:

My guess is they'd do like Motley Crue, and record a few new tracks to go on an anthology, then tour playing the old catalog and those few new songs, one of which might be a cover, who knows.

James is right though. It seems when I say things like reunions won't feature CD & VR, I get all kinds of shit about how "Slash won't do this", "Slash won't do that"... blah blah blah.

Then he'll sit his ass at home, while Izzy & Duff make a ton of money.

Get the idea?

He'll do whatever Mr. Rose tells him to do. Bottom line. Axl is GN'R, face the facts. The man has NO PROBLEM going out on tour with a different lineup as Guns N' Roses. See 2001-02/2006-07. 22

nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

VR is the only project that Slash got a platinum album

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere & Contraband both went platinum.

21

5:00 went platinum? Jesus... I used that disc for skeet shooting within a week of purchase.



PULL! *bang* 19

cindyscrazy
 Rep: 0 

Re: Izzy

cindyscrazy wrote:

Izzy coming back would make me SO much more happier then hearing that Slash were coming back.  Personally, I don't think Axl and Slash could work peacefully ever again.  That's my opinion!! Don't flame me for it!!

Izzy on the other hand, is absolutely the coolest.  I've loved that guy from the beginning and was blown away when I got to see him perform with GNR at the Hammerstein.  My brain blew up, it was great.

When I heard about this I literally got tears in my eyes.  I SO hope it turns out to be true!!! big_smile

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB