You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Are The Leaks What Will Be On CD

mickronson wrote:

Sorry = If axl was in VR.
lol

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Madagascar
Street Of Dreams
This I Love
Prostitute
Better

All credited as Axl at his finest on this page alone. Not bad really, we're obviously a mixed bunch 16

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

just heard shacklers sounds way better no, bit different has really grown on me.

ironfin
 Rep: 2 

ironfin wrote:
ironfin wrote:

Are the leaks actually from the finished album or are they old demos? I really hope they are old Demos cause they are fucking shit.

The Vocal on This I love is fucking terrible. This surely cannot be a finished album version.

The guitar solo's on Sorry & This I love sound like a 15 year old doing a stupid amount of bends because they lack the imagination or talent to do anything else.

I really hope that they are old demos...

Sorry rocks yes but what the fuck is going on with that Frank Zappa line - sounds out of place.

Prostitute is fucking brilliant as is Twat & CD but other than Chinese Democracy I think his voice is fucked. It sounds forced. The chorus in Chicken Dinner sounds like Bon Jovi.

What does everyone think - are these leaks final versions? If they are I think this album will crash and burn.

This is what happens when no one will tell you what they actually think of your ideas and are to afraid to critisize cause they need to earn cash.

(I really hope this album is a masterpiece and hugely successful but I think we have to face the truth)

Its really frustrating listning to this album...because parts are brilliant - if only he had a good producer who would stand up to him.

Take IRS for example there is some kind of hammond organ which sounds cool as fuck but then too quiet then it just dissapears. He should have been braver - less distroted guitars and piano and more synth organ and sound effects. The drums could do with a lot mroe reverb especially on the last part of Sorry - which is fuckin awsome but why is the bridge at the end of the last chorus and only played once - tis the best part of the song. 

But my initial assesment was too harsh. The guitar solo on Sorry is quite immense. I guess I prefer his Its So Easy / Chinese Democracy voice to the others. If only he had sang This I love with the gentle patience voice.

Oh well bring on the next album! Can't wait for it and Axl if you read these messages then please be more experimental - take citr there is some awesome synths on. Be brave less distorted guitars except where the track kicks in!!! But what do I know... fuck all I haven't sold any records....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

In my opinion the vocals on Street of Dreams suck shit. Maybe the worst vocals on the album. I bet everything I own if that song gets put out a sa sinle it gets torn to shit by the average listener. It really sounds god awful. Cheese personified. Never in my life have I heard Axl sing so whimpy.

Axl sounds constipated in Madagascar but it's still a decent song.

The vocals on This I Love, Sorry, Better, If the World, Prostitute all sound like Axl fucking Rose.  Those are the only songs in my opinion where he sounds great. Especially on Sorry, Better and This I Love.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Street of Dreams vocals? Kind of harsh... same as the demo - the beginning is going to grate the average man on the street

The new Catcher however, has grown on me substantially - I'm thinking it all works quite nicely now and isnt the mess it originally sounded like

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't get all the SOD vocal hate. Axl sounds amazing.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

sod vocals are what they are supposed to be. he is singing about the blues and hos voice almost sounds like he is crying. to me they are perfect. jimmy -i agree, catcher is great. i never listened to the demo and now it is one of my favorite tracks. i do wish may's solo would haev stayed but he new one almost fits better.

Board footer