You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: so, does CD stand up as a Guns N' Roses album?

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yes. I think it's better than UY1 & Spaghetti, but not as good as Lies, UY2 or the big one.

I am pretty much with you here, although I put it on par with Lies. It's right in the middle of the discography. This is the logical follow-up to the UYI I and II, albeit about 6 years too late.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yes. I think it's better than UY1 & Spaghetti, but not as good as Lies, UY2 or the big one.

I am pretty much with you here, although I put it on par with Lies. It's right in the middle of the discography. This is the logical follow-up to the UYI I and II, albeit about 6 years too late.

6? Try 14 or 15. TSI should have never been made and this should have been released in 1993/1994.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

TSI is a great album! But it was always designed to tide us over before the next originals album could be made.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This album is certaintly a masterpiece. And even though i'm not that crazy about Scraped or Riad - there are no skippable tracks.

Only AFD previously pulled that off.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

6? Try 14 or 15. TSI should have never been made and this should have been released in 1993/1994.

Well, we can't rewrite history, can we? I say 6 to be sure Bucket is on it. Otherwise, well, it wouldn't be nearly as good.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

anyway i still say its a bit early to call this album a classic...its been out a whole day 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It's right in the middle of the discography. This is the logical follow-up to the UYI I and II, albeit about 6 years too late.

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

This album would have been a breath of fresh air in the 96-2000 time frame. Would still be a tad dated and be seen as using too many 90s influences, but it goes more with that time period.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I still like TSI as well, the guitars sound so heavy and so do the drums. It's a fun covers album and isn't meant to be seen as anything otherwise.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

In my review I said that CD came just behind AFD and UYI2 for me.  BUT!  I don't consider this a GNR record but more like an Axl Rose solo record.  Just my point of view.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

In a word - yes.

Board footer