You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: Friends asking for RIP of your CD album!

GNRBABY wrote:

I like how 90% of my friends gave me shit for enjoying the "new gnr" leaks and live shows from 2001-2007. I like how they repeatedly said "this isn't real GNR" or  "isn't Axl fat now?", "this music sounds like KORN",etc,etc,etc, I'm missing a few good ones and I'm sure you have your own....

BUT, now that CD has been released to rave rave reviews, all of these assholes are calling me on the phone or sending emails requesting that I "Burn" them a copy of CD! Many say, "I want to hear it first too make sure I like it". Well, I say FUCK YOU tongue  This is Chinese Democracy for gods sake! If you want to hear it, go buy it! I'm not gonna let people ride my coat tails, now that I have put in the dedication, hope, time, and money towards GNR all these years. People can't just sit around and make jokes about Axl at my expense and then turn around and pretend like they give a damn! You're not gonna piggy back on my fanfare - get your OWN GODAMN copy of CD. Plus, I'm not going to hand out free copies to people just to have them call me up and tell me how shitty it is 2

I SAY "Don't give in to all the non-believers, and give them a free copy of CD" let them eat cake! 5  Stay strong!

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

My friends asking for a rip of CD are getting directions to the nearest Best Buy. Fuckheads.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ good man!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I would say this to them.

"You have four options.

1. Learn how to use torrents and download it, then burn it yourself.

2. Buy it from iTunes and burn it yourself.

3. Buy it from Best Buy.

4. Fuck off!"

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^  OOOFAH! big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you guys may be potentially turning away gnr fans tongue

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ God no, these people where haters all along. I have 2 friends who had an open mind towards GNR and rocked out to Rockplast 2006,ect. Those guys I have hooked up with actual copies of CD.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've burned more than enough cds with demos and live songs over the years trying to promote the new band with good success.
No more though, I'm done spreading the word, its in the bloody shops and on itunes so its easily available to them.

I can't even begin to tell you how many people at work have asked me if I listened to CD
before 11/23.   I told them no and they were shocked.   All I have ever listened to is leaks
from GNR, I wanted to reserve this for the actual thing.   I am glad I did but noone has
asked me for a rip, they are ripping it themselves.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ They are ripping it from what? From their own copy of the album? "ripping" means to copy a disk. Are you sure you don't mean "acquiring their own illegal download", because the only way it could be "ripped" is from a physical copy weather it's burned or authentic...

Board footer