You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: For the record.....

Furbush wrote:

i bought 3 as well, Russ.. Bono's VERY covered

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I'm not saying fuck them...the whole presentation of this CD leaves me feeling flat and sorry for Axl.

I don't think it's that Axl has changed, I think that I have.

It's like the line in the wedding singer about no one wants to see Fonzie fat and picking up chicks at 50.

When the Illusions and Appetite came out, I was at a place in my life where I could relate to the isolation, the sadness, the loss, and the paranoia.

I guess I've grown up but Axl is still wrestling with that same type of content, and it truly makes me feel sad. 

At some point, you sack up and take responsibility for your part in your loneliness.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What is wrong with you guys? Are you fans?

It has nothing to do with how much of a fan I am. How many copies I buy(or don't buy) isn't the litmus test on whether or not you like an artist/band more than the next person. Are these people who claim to have bought 25 copies(we both know they're full of shit) more of a fan than I am for buying one copy? I don't think so.

My only reluctance was the album's presentation. When they are too lazy to get their own lyrics correct its a sign they put little thought into it. Apparently the LP(which I haven't bought yet) is an even bigger joke.

So I bought one copy just to have that feeling of actually owning it and to help first week sales.

Would I be a bigger fan if I didn't buy it but lied and said I bought 50 copies? 16

I can't see any excuse for 'hesitating' other than your own reasons. GN'R has nothing to do with it, and you apparently have lost interest in the band imo.

Good for you. I was there the day of release in 1991 too.  I was there in 1993 for my first live show ever.  I have all the cd's I have the vinyl, all the cassettes still in the plastic, I have half a dozen t-shirts, the making of VHS, all the dvd's, bootleg dvd's, I've got hotwheels Gn'R toys, I was there in the store the day End of Days was released, I was there in Vancouver in 2002, I flew to NY in 2006 for the Hammerstien shows, I was Axl Rose for Halloween in 2004 and 2006,  I saw them twice in Decmeber 2006. I've been trying to show the CD era music to friends for the last 7 years to a common response of eyes being rolled at me. I could see how you might think I'm not a real fan. That's your problem not mine.  You've been waiting almost a  decade?  Congratulations. That's real impressive.

You hesistated. You did all that shit, who's end game was the release of - Chinese fucking Democracy.

And you hesistated to pull the trigger. What does it say about you as a GN'R fan? Are you really that interested in the band? Or did all of those experiences you had, just add up to an almost robotic existance of - "me must go see Axl".

I've been waiting for a decade, because the fucking albums HAS NOT been in the works for 15 years.

If you want to count that, then YES i've been waiting 15 years. I might not of had the albums, but I recorded their songs on tape off the radio, and watched MTV religiously to see them when I was 7 in 1991. I loved them, even though I was young.

I only count the CD wait, since it started being worked, which is basically late-90's "ish".

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Meh, i've had to wait a lot less than the rest of you, i only heard about it in late 2005, joined HTGTH, left somtime after the 2007 tour, and joined here full time. (back when it was RoV)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not gonna lie.....I almost didn't buy it. I already had the album obviously, and the liner notes are literally a joke. Whole thing has been very anticlimactic, and I really didn't want to reward such an amateurish release. However, I do want this album to do well and I think Axl deserves the support simply for releasing it and getting the monkey off his back.

Wasn't really wanting to rush out and get it, but it needs as many first week sales as it can get so I bought it Sunday.

While the album didn't blow my mind, it sure is strange actually having it.

Feel the same way. I only bought it to help the band out and to actually have it. The band I supported is gone. This was just a little piece of who they were, and buying CD is kind of closure for that group and that period. It's sad. Really sad.

But this makes the future leaked demos even more important and exciting. Right now the next wave of pre-Bumble/Frank recordings (99-04) are going to be more exciting than anything. And I can't fucking wait 9

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I walked in best buy and saw hundreds of copies of CD and I was the only asshole there to buy it.  I picked up the lp, realized I don't even have a record player any more and I can save my $20 for something else.  So I bought 2 copies of the cd.  One for me, and one as a gift.  I am pissed because the quality leak I have is just as good as the CD and its going to be a shitty gift.  The Printed Sign from the store's printer was terrible, something about "15 years in the making" or some shit some clerk typed.  Its shipped a lot of units, but I didn't see them flying off the shelves.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i'm with bono on this one. i didn't buy it. just downloaded the torrent and that's it for me.

i know i'll buy it in the future. in 3-4 months time probably but until that time comes i'm just a downloading motherfucker.

just because someone doesn't buy the album the day it's released doesn't make them less of a fan.

i can't explain why i haven't bought the album although i was so happy to hear it's finally coming out. but, as the day approached i lost interest in the actual album. the lack of professionalism in this release disappoints me. i'm not referring to the promotion, it's about the actual finished product. songs are copy-pasted and sometimes so bad that a 2 year old could notice. and the booklet has full verses missing. full fucking verses. do they really want this album out? or was it thrown at us with a feeling of "there you go, here's your album, now fuck off".

that's how i feel, and if that makes me less of a fan in other fan's eyes, i'll live.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I can't see any excuse for 'hesitating' other than your own reasons. GN'R has nothing to do with it, and you apparently have lost interest in the band imo.

This coming from someone who has already proclaimed the new band dead? 16

I think we all have our own way of showing 'interest'.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

*cough*

...I guess I did kind of say that.

But that's not the point. It's about waiting all this time, all these years, even just the years on the internet in the GN'R communities, was all for this... and to even contemplate on "passing on buying it" just perplexes me. It'd be a BIGGER waste of time for you, or Bono or anyone else to do that, then it was for Axl to sit around playing Madden.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

No offence to other members - but I feel that anyone who follows this band and likes the music ought to buy the album. If you are a huge fan of the old band - download CD - hate it and delete then that's kinda understandable. But if people who got the leaks just keep the leaks and listen to them over and over and don't buy the record I personally think that's kinda uncool. I mean, bullshit aside, a lot of dollars and effort has gone into this music. Right or Wrong Axl has spent the better part of his working life on it...If you are going to keep it and listen to it..then you really should purchase it. But that's just my opinion.

Board footer