You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: vote for GNR - help them win!!!

If you love Chinese Democracy, please help by voting in the poll over at

www.blistering.com
(the poll is on the bottom right corner of the home page)

We're trying to bury the haters here and need the support of every diehard GN'R fan!

Check out a pretty cool review while you're there!

bucket

I'm sick of these polls so I won't be voting.

OK, but Blistering is a high profile site, so it will help GN'R to look good in this poll... "Sorry," Slash tongue

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I've never  heard of it.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I think I'll pass.  Being I'm 35 now I don't care about what polls will say about my favorite artists.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Voted (Better than expected)

But I am starting to get the 'James attitude' about these things. At the end of the day... who's truely biasing the results? The haters? Or the fans?

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But I am starting to get the 'James attitude' about these things. At the end of the day... who's truely biasing the results? The haters? Or the fans?

What's a hater anyways?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I knew you'd finally come around. tongue

Yeah that is why I'm so anti poll(and anti radio request). You never get a true gauge on how people think.

Let's use the poll cited in this thread.....

Better than expected
    81.9% (484)

It's good, not great
    6.94% (41)

A bit underwhelming
    4.06% (24)

A total disapointment
    7.11% (42)

Do you really think that high of a percentage of the public thinks the album is 'better than expected'? Of course not. Its obvious this poll is making the rounds at the GNR sites and its being tainted a bit. While 'better than expected' would probably win in reality, it wouldn't be a landslide victory.

I went ahead and voted, and apparently only 6.9% of the population agrees with me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What's a hater anyways?

Someone who won't give the material a fair chance and/or biases their public opinion, because it's not "the old band", or "where's Slash" or "GNR sucks after AFD".

At a time, an opposition to this was needed (the birth of the Axlite?), because the overwhelming majority were not in favor of the new band. This opposition reached it's peak in 2004 when Velvet Revolver were at their peak in popularity & interest.

However in the last couple of years the "Slashite" so to speak, has died out and really no longer exists in the internet community. Yet some diehard Axlites, and Axl himself, continue to think this opposition exists, and must continue to go out of their way unearth positive reviews, and bias polls, and in reality they've become everything they were formed to fight.

jmo

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What's a hater anyways?

Someone who won't give the material a fair chance and/or biases their public opinion, because it's not "the old band", or "where's Slash" or "GNR sucks after AFD".

At a time, an opposition to this was needed (the birth of the Axlite?), because the overwhelming majority were not in favor of the new band. This opposition reached it's peak in 2004 when Velvet Revolver were at their peak in popularity & interest.

However in the last couple of years the "Slashite" so to speak, has died out and really no longer exists in the internet community. Yet some diehard Axlites, and Axl himself, continue to think this opposition exists, and must continue to go out of their way unearth positive reviews, and bias polls, and in reality they've become everything they were formed to fight.

jmo

Good God!  I know that faldor and madagas seem to think I'm a hater.  I ain't a slashite for sure.  I just refuse to agree with everything Axl says or does same for his lame posses.  Is there a term for people who aren't axlites but not slashites or haters either?

Board footer