You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: New Richard Fortus interview on UG

harmon420 wrote:

Cool find.

The first record, everything was written. I went in and rerecorded parts, but it was all written before I got in.

Take that Fortus nut swingers! lol

Anyone notice he said "the first record"? Could Mr. Fortus have a larger role in future installments? I'm interested in what Fortus is capable of from a writing aspect.

Weird thing is the 'nutswingers' should have known that ages ago, he said it enough times.

Axl said at the show I was at in 06 that Fortus had been writing some songs (admittedly he didn't say GNR songs but that was inference I think). Axl also said back in 02 in an interview that they'd already written some cool songs with Fortus so I guess we'll see what comes of it.

Odd thing is he says all songs were written before his arrival yet Better, Scraped, Sorry, SR were thought to have been written after 02.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He seemed really unsure though................

do you blame him? everything always changes and then these guys get shit on for lying

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't hold anything against Richard. I completely understand the world 'o Axl.

I really hope to see GN'R back out in January, plus Mr. Fortus. I just want to see these guys making music, kicking ass, and not sitting around.

Rock on

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had gotten a call to come in and audition for them. This was before I knew Tommy. I had gotten a call to audition, but then Buckethead got the gig before I came out.

I'm so glad that God decided to intervene.

Odd thing is he says all songs were written before his arrival yet Better, Scraped, Sorry, SR were thought to have been written after 02.

The liner notes show all these songs are old. This is the 2001 album with a few musicians added on top of the mix.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The man is a touring guitarist. Plain and simple.

I like the guy, but he is what he is. Maybe Richard will be felt more on future albums, but I highly doubt it. Axl & Paul were collaborating back in the heyday, and were obviously, at least in a limited capacity, all those years. Axl also mentioned in 1999 that they were working in upwards of 80 songs at the time.

Me thinks Paul was ALL OVER them.

Most likely future albums will continue to primarily feature Paul on rhythm, and if anyone adds more rhythm to the new tracks, it'll most likely be GNR's jack of all trades - Ron.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I read somewhere on another forum that Ron said he'll be tied with GN'R in the next 2 years. Is it true?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Am I reading this wrong or was Richard originally pegged as Axl's lead guitarist untill Buckethead got the job? Weird.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I read somewhere on another forum that Ron said he'll be tied with GN'R in the next 2 years. Is it true?

yes, that is what it said

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

can someone post the exact quote? instead of paraphrasing? thanks

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

"The source is some guy who knows Ron and made the negociations so he could come to Paris. He'll be there on the 10th of December for a signing session at Virgin on the Champs-Elysées since Abnormal is coming out. That's a bit on the whatever side of things but the cool news for us is that it also says Bumble is then gonna be busy with GN'R for at least 2 years starting January 2009, which probably means a huge tour."

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4067

Board footer