You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Is it possible Axl is "boycotting" the album?

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl would never drop a line about the label like that. Not right now.

It'd be suicide. Nobody in the business would even accept his phonecall to talk about the Dodgers, let alone anything else. He'd be blacklisted... for good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Is it possible Axl didn't want to release this yet? The booklet was all fucked up and Axl was pissed and told the label he wanted the booklet redone before the release.

The label already having the album and a deal basically told him to fuck off and released it anyway?

This would explain his silence and all that.

what do u think?

They had 10 years to get that booklet right.

If Axl doesn't want to promote this, that is his choice. However, there's no room for excuses anymore. It was hyped for years on end, band members claiming its the second coming,etc.

Now its time for Joe Public to weigh in on the matter.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl opens HIMSELF wide open for blame in this situation.

When it fails, he doesn't have the out to say "we did everything we could". No you didn't man, you didn't promote it at all.

I originally called 250k, and honestly, I can't believe it's going to do 300k or more, considering the fact the singles were dropped within only a couple weeks of the album, no video, and no promo at all from the band, except commercials on TV.

Where's the freakin' band? They aren't "pressing the flesh to move the vinyl" as the old sayin' goes, and that's the MOST IMPORTANT part of the process.

I saw The Killers last night on Leno, and I literally looked right at the TV and said "wasted opportunity Axl. Totally fucking wasted".

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Axl will be quiet until he sees what the reception is.

If it's good, he'll talk.

If it's bad, he'll blame someone for releasing a demo version of the album.
(like "Oh My God"

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The irony of W. Axl Rose...

Rock's biggest "fuck you" rebel... yet at the same time is obsessed with acceptance and approval.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

When it fails, he doesn't have the out to say "we did everything we could". No you didn't man, you didn't promote it at all.

Maybe that's the idea. If it fails you can own the failure that way by going "well it's not that my music isn't liked, it's that the industry is fickle and i didn't want to jump through their hoops". would be an easier psychological release.

For the record...i think the album is great....and I think lots of people would like it if only they got more publicity going!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Maybe that's the idea. If it fails you can own the failure that way by going "well it's not that my music isn't liked, it's that the industry is fickle and i didn't want to jump through their hoops". would be an easier psychological release.

For the record...i think the album is great....and I think lots of people would like it if only they got more publicity going!

Man that last part is a sad statement.  I think you summed up the attitute of the mainstream with that last part.  Some people like what's popular, somehow they forgot about quality.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
Saikin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Man that last part is a sad statement.  I think you summed up the attitute of the mainstream with that last part.  Some people like what's popular, somehow they forgot about quality.

Nah, it's a true statement. Mainstream or underground, people have to know what's coming out to buy it. You can't not promote something and expect everyone to learn about it and buy it, especially those who don't breathe GNR. Promotion isn't about quality, it's about mashing it into the head of the common idiot.

Really, GNR was as popular as you can get and now we're calling the mainstream assholes because they don't know enough about the album to care that it's come out? You're forgetting the teens of today were barely born when UYI dropped! To them, GNR is just another band. The guys who made Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child O'Mine. Estranged, who? Coma... huh? If you're gonna break into the world of the bigwigs (which had to have been Axl's goal all along, but to do it his way), you can't just sit around and hope shit happens.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

I'm quite confident that I will never know what he's thinking...

bingo! couldn't agree more. yet so many people are convinced they know what's going on in his head.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what the fuck to think anymore. Between Dr. Pepper, no videos, no promo, singles dropping on top of each other. It's like they are just trying to fuck up at this point.

I think a lot of people think that CD's failure (if you can really call it that already) is gonna spur a reunion. I think the complete opposite is true. The worse it gets, the farther away a reunion is.

Axl could very well be boycotting. I said it before, and I've come to believe it the more I think about it. Axl Rose is Steve Perry. Had the world at his fingertips, then just disappeared.

Board footer