You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slips
 Rep: 1 

Re: SEBASTIAN BACH Says 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'The Definition Of Great Ro

slips wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you better quit while your ahead there pal

Really, there pal? 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ maybe if you can learn to be a bit more mature I'll let you come back

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Great interview, agree with Baz 100%. It's a killer record.

Granted mp3 sucks ass, but do you guys think vinyl is better than CD? I used to love my vinyls but stopped collecting them a while back when they became very hard to source.

I'm going to order CD I think though to go with my compact disc.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Stellar and increadible production?

Did they produce the vinyl different than the CD? 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slips wrote:

It says, he hasn't bought an ALBUM in 15 or 20 years. He didn't say anything about CDs. The only one shot in the foot was you, ASSCLOWN.:mosh: DO YOU EVEN THE REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE?

A lover of vinyl doesn't go 15 years without buying a new one.

I see neemo banned you for 3 days but due to your complete lack of brain cells,  I think I'll extend it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

wierd

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't sit down and listen to music, thus the reason I don't already have a record player.

I listen to stuff on the run, like most folks. I don't listen MP3's (ever), but I do listen to CD's and lossless audio.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So can someone educate me on if Vinyl sounds better than lossless audio or CD quality audio (leave lossy and compressed formats like mp3 to die) and if so why?

I'm 31 but swapped from records to buying CDs around the time I was 15 I think....i'm genuinely interested...cos I always loved the tactile ness of records more...so i could be pursuaded to go get me another player and start getting everything new that way.

To me vinyl always sounds better than cd,mp3s or whaver,it's seems it has more bass and shit,sure cds are cleaner sounding,but I like the sound of vinyl,I think it's just mostly a matter of opinion really tho.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

I'm glad to see that Axl has hired Bas as his new publicist! smile

As far as vinyl vs. CD, though, there's no doubt that a 12" album is much cooler to hold in your hands, and to appreciate the art. I still have all of my Iron Maiden albums, and 12" singles, with all their cool Derek Riggs art. I even bought a copy of ELP's Brain Salad Surgery simply for the H.R. Giger artwork and I don't think I've ever even listened to the thing. Appetite was one of the first CD's I bought, so I never had that one on vinyl.

I can understand how an analogue recording from the 70's or 80's sounds better on vinyl, because it more accurately captures the original sound wave as it was recorded. But I don't get how a modern pro-tools digital recording can somehow sound better when transferred to analogue and pressed on vinyl. Even if the vinyl 100% faithfully captured the wave form, it would be a faithful capture of the digital samples. Now if it the original master recordings were sampled at 96k or 48k, it could sound better than a 44.1k standard CD. But why not release it in SACD or DVDA format then?

Board footer