You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Better Official Single 12/02/08

war wrote:

supposedly it's climbing pretty quickly

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Holy crap, they just played part of Bucket's solo from Better on Monday Night Football as they were going to commercial. And I mean during the game, not during the "countdown" show like Faldor was talking about earlier.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody that sits back and says that Azoff didn't "try" is full of crap.

He tried.

Axl is the one that bailed.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Who knows? Maybe promotion will begin soon. A little late, but better than never. We'll see...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Who knows? Maybe promotion will begin soon. A little late, but better than never. We'll see...

Did you say, "promotion?" What is that?! 14

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Promotion Democracy Starts Never!!!!!!11111111

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

You never know.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

There has been as much promotion as they could have gotten without Axl's full cooperation. Sporting events, radio ads, radio album listens, streaming on myspace, TV Ads, Song in Body of Lies. We all know the there is no push from Axl's side for whatever reason. No one here knows exactly why Axl is MIA. I don't feel the need to bring it up all the time though. It is what it is.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Unfortuanately it's having to be constantly brought up, because some fans are out there convinced Azoff wanted CD to bomb intentionally, so he could pave way for the reunion.

Azoff & Gould have held up their end. CD has actually gotten quite a bit more promo by management, than most typical albums. If Axl would've cooperated, i'm sure Azoff would've had him on Letterman, the AMA's, doing interviews with mag's like RS, hell maybe even sitting in with the announcers at WWE Armageddon, because of CD being their theme song.

I could easily see during the main event of Jericho/Cena, having Axl over there mic'ed up, and Jericho running his mouth. Someone Axl is comfortable with, because they've hung out with before.

But if the band lineup is in flux, it would explain alot.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, the songs being played at sporting events is definitely a pretty big push. No one can say this album is getting no promotion because millions are hearing this on NFL broadcasts now. Its just not connecting with anyone.

I think a lot of the frustration centers on the "monumental promotion" and "this is just the beginning" comments from Azoff and Gould. For a brief moment people got excited at the aspects of something really happening. However, credit should be given to those two simply because the album was released on their watch. If this was still the Merck era, we'd have no album while he twiddled his thumbs sending emails to madison and davegnr2k.

Board footer