You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: IF CD doesnt outdo Contraband

Axlin16 wrote:

Contraband is weak imo, and so is Libertad. Not a big VR fan here. Snakepit sucked too. I'm much more a fan of Loaded & Izzy's solo stuff, and even some of Gilby's solo work. I'm also very interested to hear Dizzy's solo album. He has the potential to kick ass.

As for CD vs. Contraband... if CD doesn't beat Contraband, it will be humiliating. If CD just ties Contraband, even with the GN'R name slapped on it - it'll be an embarrassment.

Axl needs CD to at least go triple-platinum imo. If not, it'll be a disappointment.

Musically, I can tell you right now, CD blows ANYTHING out of the water from the other members on quality. I also think it's the strongest album behind AFD. So it's a fuckin' awesome record.

And as far as Awards go, they don't mean shit. When guys like Chris Brown (who?) are winning Artist of the Year.... then they are just handing them out for the sake of doing it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if CD doesnt outsell contraband then sales dont matter...if it does out sell it then everybody knew that GnR would be much more succesful than VR

If CD doesnt win a grammy then awards dont matter...if it does then the material is getting recgonized for its greatness

If sales and Grammys matter, Britney Spears and Beyonce are some of the greatest musical acts ever, right?

I stand by my opinion. Sales and Grammys are not barometers of quality.

You left out Creed counting as one of the greatest musical acts ever if sales and Grammys matter.

there is something said to have your work be recognized by your peers thats all i'm saying...i;m the last person that will lose sleep over whether or not axl gets a grammy for this album, but its not like having the hardware and recognition hurts at all

as for britney and beyonce...maybe in pop and R&B they are some of the best actes ever....i wouldnt know cuz i dont listen to that shit

and russ as for creed they definately had their moment in the sun...and the first 2 albums are pretty decent...or were at the time, i havent listened to them in a while....With Arse Wide Open really killed their appeal for alot of people the radio just saturated the market with that fucking song....the my own prison album was fuckign killer though Mark Tremonti was fucking amazing on that record 9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I liked one Creed song - What's This Life For?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

My Own Prison went 6× platinum in the US.
Human Clay went 11× platinum in the US.
Weathered went 6× platinum in the US.

^Thats impressive sales for a late 90's early 00's rock band no matter how you slice it

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

One thing for sure, CD will never outdo Contra the video game.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Holy shit.   Awesome. 

you left out "select, start" though

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Contraband is weak imo, and so is Libertad. Not a big VR fan here. Snakepit sucked too. I'm much more a fan of Loaded & Izzy's solo stuff, and even some of Gilby's solo work. I'm also very interested to hear Dizzy's solo album. He has the potential to kick ass.

As for CD vs. Contraband... if CD doesn't beat Contraband, it will be humiliating. If CD just ties Contraband, even with the GN'R name slapped on it - it'll be an embarrassment.

Axl needs CD to at least go triple-platinum imo. If not, it'll be a disappointment.

Musically, I can tell you right now, CD blows ANYTHING out of the water from the other members on quality. I also think it's the strongest album behind AFD. So it's a fuckin' awesome record.

And as far as Awards go, they don't mean shit. When guys like Chris Brown (who?) are winning Artist of the Year.... then they are just handing them out for the sake of doing it.

Why do sales equal success?

Board footer