You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

Re: New BBF Interview with Horse Chronicles

JordanRose wrote:

I'm posting this here and at Source before anyone else knows about it. It's not a big deal interview, but I like that it'll be here before the mega-boards that are full of spamming dingbats and garbage threads get it big_smile

http://thehorsechroniclesmusic.blogspot … -2008.html

GN'R bit:

TV: How did you end up getting the GNR gig? and is Axl easy to work with? Did you have creative input while working with GNR, or was all the creative juice reserved for the Abnormal disc?
RT: In the Summer of 2004 I started talking with the GNR folks about getting together, started touring in May 2006. Axl's a friend, always havin' a great time on and off the road. People have so many assumptions, people always want to think the worst. They don't want truth, they want entertainment. I can talk 'til I'm blue in the face about how I was brought into GNR to be myself, and that's what I do, I do my thing, I speak my own words, no puppeteer with a hand in my back, yet anything I say and do there are those who respond with "oh, he *has* to say that", haha. Ya can't win, haha. I've been completely creative in GNR. In my solo band, where I write everything, play everything, sing everything, sure I have more to add, but that's because it's a solo effort, not a band. GNR is a band, where everybody does what they do, together. I gotta say, it's been a fuckking blast.

TV: Is it challenging to work on the GNR album and release Abnormal?
RT: It wasn't a problem, was able to juggle it all and make it work. The GNR bizz folks were busy taking care of bizz, and I was able to lock myself in the studio and bust out the 'Abnormal' album, and an EP of acoustic versions of songs from my last few albums. Calling the album 'Barefoot', should be available before the year is up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The reason people say "he has to say that" is because 90% of what he says is "no comment" or "I don't know".  Its not like people pulled the assumption out of a hat.

I'm looking forward to hearing this acoustic album he's about to release.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good point James!  Stereo types are there for a reason.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron's a good guy, and the most open of the new members.

The reason people want 'entertainment', is they aren't given the truth. The media talks shit, and Axl is silent.

All we can do is try to piece it together the best we can, and from the ENTIRE history of the new band from 1997-present, it's presented as though the new members, A) sign confidentiality agreements, B) don't know what's going on with GN'R, because Axl is the head of the business, C) feel reserved speaking, because things never come to fruition in the world of GN'R, or D) a combo of the three.

When you don't talk (Axl, not Ron), the world is going to speculate. If Axl were to release regular statements, do a tell all book, do interviews like a Slash, his fans would defend him forever, because THEY KNOW THE TRUTH.

Axl chooses to not do that, because IN MY OPINION, I think he'll incriminate himself in theory, to the train wreck that the band has become since 1994.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Ron does interviews now because he got that CD coming/being out. Who would have thought he also carries GNR promotion on his shoulders at the same time.

Board footer