You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: AXL goes AWOL

BLS-Pride wrote:

I can see Axl doing this if he wasn't happy with the final product. Maybe he is getting the old guns back together? Interesting that we still haven't heard or got any updates from Axl Rose..

But wait.. Didn't he "call" the dude at MYGNR to say Happy Thanksgiving? Hey James did you get that call? 16:haha:

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

16 I highly doubt a reunion, but since VR is without a singer, it is possible. I doubt it though...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm one of those who feel Axl's ego is a direct and perhaps insurmountable roadblock to a reunion. Especially now. People cheering CD's demise, to me, are cheering the fact that a reunion is getting farther and farther away.

Axl reunites now, and it looks as if he is crawling back. That's how people would take it. Whether it's true or not is irrelevant. Perception becomes reality. I doubt that's the reality Axl wants to project.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl needs to crawl back.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm one of those who feel Axl's ego is a direct and perhaps insurmountable roadblock to a reunion. Especially now. People cheering CD's demise, to me, are cheering the fact that a reunion is getting farther and farther away.

Axl reunites now, and it looks as if he is crawling back. That's how people would take it. Whether it's true or not is irrelevant. Perception becomes reality. I doubt that's the reality Axl wants to project.

I agree.

I still do not think CD is a failure.  It has been a success as far as i'm concerned.  James has given many good examples of great records that haven't sold that much.  I could make a list of albums that have sold a lot of copies that aren't good. 

Example: All The Right Reasons- Nickelback.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl needs to crawl back.

Do you think he sees it that way? And if he sees that people see it that way, he's gonna turn away. Isn't that the Axl way?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

The reunion footnote is quite a howler. I'm sure Axl has begun reaching out to the old band just as his album lands.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl needs to crawl back.

Do you think he sees it that way? And if he sees that people see it that way, he's gonna turn away. Isn't that the Axl way?

No, I don't think Axl sees it that way.

But isn't Axl the king of being unpredicatable?

Wouldn't the predicatable move be to continue to hate on the old band, and refuse to reunite, so the unpredictable move would be to reunite?

G n' F'n' R's 2009! 2122:laugh::butt:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl needs to crawl back.

Wouldn't the predicatable move be to continue to hate on the old band, and refuse to reunite, so the unpredictable move would be to reunite?

You just blew my mind. yikes

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl needs to crawl back.

By your same token, you are predicting that Axl will be unpredictable, which makes anything you would predict, well, predictable.  16

Board footer