You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: AXL goes AWOL

GNRBABY wrote:

I will take this opportunity to express my opinion that /jarmo is a punk, and so are most of his mods... Anyone who hates Slash and calls themself a GNR fan needs to SHIP IT

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I have never gotten JB & CB's gay freakin' love fest for Richard Fortus.

while way too funny...please dont insult them..this isnt the place for that 19

Yeah, I knew that might be treading some territory... but yeah, I had to go there. tongue

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The first people in line for reunion tickets will be those who professed their hate for Slash on the highest mountain top.

One thing I always loved about that shit was when Slash was on GH3 he was considered the devil by GNR fans as a sellout but when Axl did Rock Band 2 it was the greatest idea in the world.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The first people in line for reunion tickets will be those who professed their hate for Slash on the highest mountain top.

Yeah, that backstage introduction is gonna be awkward.

"Hey Slash, this is Jarmo, he runs one of our sanctioned GNR sites."

"Yeah, I've read it."

(Jarmo runs out of the room like a pansy.)

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

One thing I always loved about that shit was when Slash was on GH3 he was considered the devil by GNR fans as a sellout but when Axl did Rock Band 2 it was the greatest idea in the world.

That was when my outlook changed. And it wasn't that long ago, either. Before I took all the Slash hate with some consideration, but when the RB2 thing happened, hypocrites were running fucking wild.

That's when I knew, Slash could do no right, and Axl do no wrong. That's why I can't believe after this CD disaster, that people are still sitting back saying "Axl's got a plan. He's got a big plan waiting, you'll see". "Azoff has a plan in place".

Axl ain't got shit. And if Azoff has anything up his sleeve, it's a reunion. The CD window has already been a big strikeout at the plate, the team was defeated, the stadium lights are off, and the dumbass of the diehards are still sitting in the darkened stadium seats - stunned.

If any bright light could be made here, it's that CD was the 800 pound gorilla to get out of the way to make way for the reunion.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

There is no plan. I don't even think there's a reunion plan--at least in Axl's mind.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There is no plan. I don't even think there's a reunion plan--at least in Axl's mind.

That's the sad truth of it all imo. We all ran around (well, not ALL), alot of us ran around spouting the genious of W. Axl Rose for years...

And what we've found out is he's a fucking amateur. He's a fucking amateur, and the people he surrounds himself with are goddamn lightweights.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's the sad truth of it all imo. We all ran around (well, not ALL), alot of us ran around spouting the genious of W. Axl Rose for years...

And what we've found out is he's a fucking amateur. He's a fucking amateur, and the people he surrounds himself with are goddamn lightweights.

Oh my god. Can it get any more melodramatic?

I understand caring whether or not Axl promotes this record or not, but damn, the guy can do whatever the fuck he wants. Doesn't make him a lightweight or anything just because for years you built up some kind of "master plan"...

He's just a fucking GUY, not some music marketing mastermind. No one even said he cared to promote it. It would be one thing if Axl himself said he was really intent on promoting it, but he never did. Axl is obviously a private person, so what did everyone expect?

Attacking him and making him sound like a pussy or something for not fitting YOUR expectations is just plain irritating to read. Almost as irritating as reading posts at HTGTH

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I didn't build him up.

Almost all Axl fans did.

And if the truth is irritating, I suggest you take a break. Reality is here.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I didn't build him up.

Almost all Axl fans did.

And if the truth is irritating, I suggest you take a break. Reality is here.

lol, reality is here? "If the truth is irritating"? Yeah, real slick... I think I know what this forum is about... seeing as I've been here since ROV days... have you Mr. "Reality"?

And what annoys me is you don't know the truth anymore than any of us do. Speculate about how much of an obvious dolt Axl is all you want, but it's just your opinion; no matter how right you "know" you must be.

Certain fans just seem to be so melodramatic about this saga. They don't know what went down and you insist on calling Axl a "fucking amateur" (whatever that means)...... others see the average sales numbers and insist the end of the band is near... etc.

I get the feeling that some people here think that just because you would get banned at HTGTH for saying something that everything "negative" must be the truth. Other people choose to see a middle ground and don't get fucking hung up on every detail of this saga and fuse it with their imagination to create "reality"

Board footer