You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: What if Scott Weiland was telling the truth?

buzzsaw wrote:

They will sell eventually, it just might take a long time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I don't know dude.

Most albums decrease by 50 percent 2nd week and so on. If Better doesn't hit on the radio, this thing will be lucky to hit 800k

Oh its gonna decrease. Probably a very substantial decrease now that all us forum junkies have stopped buying it.

That's what I meant by quietly going platinum. It'll keep dropping down the charts, but it will continue to sell. It sold 261k. 50k, 20k, and 10k chunks will eventually lead to platinum. Its gonna need singles(even if they're unsuccessful ones) to get it to that destination though. If they stop releasing singles, then I would agree it might have a bit of trouble reaching that status.

Platinum is pretty much a guarantee. Multi platinum is where its gonna run into massive obstacles.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It'll go platinum, it'll just take maybe a couple years. As far as double plat, nah, never will happen.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

There are albums that have had bigger first week sales than this not go platinum.

Sure maybe in a few years

Im talking within the next year.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

There are albums that have had bigger first week sales than this not go platinum.

It could go either way. There are too many variables at this juncture. Does Better become a hit? Could a tour announcement cause a surge in sales? Will they market a ton of ballads to the easy listening/adult crowd? Could the addition of Buckethead help pull in sales from the 'Guitar Hero' crowd? Would promotion from Axl help, or would it just reinforce the public's sentiment that this isn't GNR?

There aren't enough "facts on the ground" yet to truly consider this a complete disaster. A bit more time needs to be allowed to pass before making the final call.

I realize why the hardcore base is disappointed and already writing the album off to a certain extent, but in all fairness we need to let this story play out.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

It could go either way. There are too many variables at this juncture. Does Better become a hit? Could a tour announcement cause a surge in sales? Will they market a ton of ballads to the easy listening/adult crowd? Could the addition of Buckethead help pull in sales from the 'Guitar Hero' crowd? Would promotion from Axl help, or would it just reinforce the public's sentiment that this isn't GNR?

There aren't enough "facts on the ground" yet to truly consider this a complete disaster. A bit more time needs to be allowed to pass before making the final call.

I realize why the hardcore base is disappointed and already writing the album off to a certain extent, but in all fairness we need to let this story play out.

Well said James.  Over the past few days I've read WAY too many posts about the album being dead, the band being dead, the only way to revive is with a reunion.  People its been just over a week, lets just see what happens over the next few weeks/months.  Hell it took us 9 years to get the album, it's the least we could do.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The only reason I am reaching for the panic button is the fact that Axl is nowhere to be found.

Its funny how we all do the same shit like we've done for the last 7 years.

Anytime Axl is gonna appear.................. yeah.......... just wait.......... anytime now

Oh now for sure.............. and it never happens.

Also, I just don't hear any song on this CD that is gonna be a crossover sensation to catapult this through the stratosphere........ the songs are great but none of them have that "IT" thing that u can say "I can see everybody wearing that shit out.

I just don't hear it on CD.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly D. The only way this "strategy" would work is if the album material was just blowing the world away. Outside of some pretty nice magazine reviewers, the only people beating off the legendary CD, are us. The extreme diehards.

The world would have to be loving this album, with singles & a video, for Axl to be missing, and building anticipation.

The anticipation officially was on life support after 2002, and finally was laid to rest December 2006.

People are in denial right now.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

the only people beating off the legendary CD, are us. The extreme diehards.

That my friend, is a hasty generalization.  14

To be honest though, that statement is a lie.  At least due to the way you worded it.  If you change "the only" to "most of the" it would work.  I know people who aren't GNR diehards who think the album is amazing.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The album's sales will drop 70% (or more) this week. They better hope Better is a huge hit because it's the only song on the album with any commercial potential. Otherwise, the album will struggle to go gold, never mind going platinum. LMFAO. What a joke.

Board footer