You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Bring on new leaks/demos/whatever

bigbri wrote:

The vultures are already circling the carcass that is this version of GNR, so let's just get it all over with now. Fuck it; why not?

There ain't gonna be a 2nd CD from this era, and with the stink of death on it, no future collaborators will want to work with what Axl did. There's no future for those songs, and I don't want to wait for the CD retrospective box set in 2025.

So I'm putting in a call to all leakers/hoarders/whoever, if they exist, to help hasten the enevitable and put everything into circulation. Don't underestimate that Axl may have made some incredibly powerful enemies the past few weeks who might have stuff too.

I want the General, Bucket's version of Shackler's, Checkmate, every track Brain touched, rerecorded Appetite. (Yes, I know, all of this may not exist.)

We all need to wash our hands of this era, but I think we waited for more than the trainwreck we have now.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

If there is not a follow-up album, then any leaks that are being hoarded become ultra valuable. The hoarders like holding that power over the rest of us and will not leak anything unless they receive something big in return, namely a shitload of money.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hoarders can suck my fucking dick. We've got the album, and they can fuck off.

And no, i'm not interested either in Axl's 56 different 'final' versions he came up with 12 hours before delivering the album.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Hoarders can suck my fucking dick. We've got the album, and they can fuck off.

And no, i'm not interested either in Axl's 56 different 'final' versions he came up with 12 hours before delivering the album.

He's talking about unheard songs, not remixes of the shit we've all been listening to for the last 2 years. This assumes that other songs do exist.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, other songs really.

I hate hoarders too, but not just them, but people who Axl might have wronged recently. To me, that would be the nail in the coffin for this era. To hear it all, songs he might have kept off CD out of spite.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd love to hear songs, but i'm not signing up for another 6 years of being played by Fernando... dah... I mean some guy with leaks.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The vultures are already circling the carcass that is this version of GNR, so let's just get it all over with now. Fuck it; why not?

There ain't gonna be a 2nd CD from this era, and with the stink of death on it, no future collaborators will want to work with what Axl did. There's no future for those songs, and I don't want to wait for the CD retrospective box set in 2025.

So I'm putting in a call to all leakers/hoarders/whoever, if they exist, to help hasten the enevitable and put everything into circulation. Don't underestimate that Axl may have made some incredibly powerful enemies the past few weeks who might have stuff too.

I want the General, Bucket's version of Shackler's, Checkmate, every track Brain touched, rerecorded Appetite. (Yes, I know, all of this may not exist.)

We all need to wash our hands of this era, but I think we waited for more than the trainwreck we have now.

I like Chinese Democracy, and it doesn't have the "stink of death", give it a year before you start saying stuff like that. No, it isn't lighting the world on fire, yet it's not a dead issue either.

A lot of people on this site are acting as if it sold 87,000 copies and Axl had to cancel his tour, and every rock mag had panned the album!

CD has gotten good reviews and has sold a respectable amount if copies, even if we don't consider the current state of the music business. This record will certainly go GOLD and one day it will most likely hit Platinum, especially if their is a successful tour in 2009.

I think if it was not a "Best Buy" exclusive it would have sold an additional 200,000 it's first week...

That being said, yes I'd love to hear all the leaks! But stop this doomsday shit, it's not doomsday for GNR/Axl 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think that's the irony of this all. I always thought it'd be reverse. The reviewers would BUTCHER CD, and the casuals would be fairly receptive.

It ended up being the other way around. The reviewers were very fair, and very positive, and because CD is a fantastic album... Joe & Jill Public was the ones that reacted with a collective 'yawn'.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

The hoarders have nothing of value, because no one wants to hear this stuff.

Supposedly, VH recorded a second CD with Gary Cherone that was rejected by Warner Bros.

I don't see anyone trying to hear that, just like very few would want to hear what else this era has to offer.

So, yeah, the hoarders should let it all out NOW. While it still has minimal value.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Good point Skippy. People are gonna just move on.

Board footer