You are not logged in. Please register or login.

pupmpkin
 Rep: 2 

Re: What did you expect?

pupmpkin wrote:

I am really just a lurker here, but have I am a big GNR fan from the day I heard WTTJ.  All the talk around here has been how bad everything has  been going with the new CD.  But really?  What did you expect?  There is NO WAY it was going to be this huge breakout selling disc.  Nobody but the die hards care!  Me, I got it the day it came out and could not wait for it.  But everybody I have talked to that did not know about the album ,did not even know GNR was still around.  The CD finally saw the light of day.  Get over it, enjoy it, and listen to it.  I do think the lyrics of Sorry are directed at all of us.  Axl DOES NOT OWE US ONE DAMN THING! Yes, it took forever to get the album, but we got it.  In some form or another, we have it.  Did you really think Axl was going to promote the album? When is the last time you saw him on TV, heard him on the radio, or hell just heard his name with out some wise ass crack about the album that will never be released?  I don't think there will be a tour, a video, nothing.  We got what we are going to get and thats as good as gets.  At least you got new music.  My all time fav. band is KISS and it's been 10 years since there was a new KISS song.  I think we as fans have to take it for what it is, move on, and enjoy what we all have wanted for so long!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
pupmpkin wrote:

I am really just a lurker here, but have I am a big GNR fan from the day I heard WTTJ.  All the talk around here has been how bad everything has  been going with the new CD.  But really?  What did you expect?  There is NO WAY it was going to be this huge breakout selling disc.  Nobody but the die hards care!  Me, I got it the day it came out and could not wait for it.  But everybody I have talked to that did not know about the album ,did not even know GNR was still around.  The CD finally saw the light of day.  Get over it, enjoy it, and listen to it.  I do think the lyrics of Sorry are directed at all of us.  Axl DOES NOT OWE US ONE DAMN THING! Yes, it took forever to get the album, but we got it.  In some form or another, we have it.  Did you really think Axl was going to promote the album? When is the last time you saw him on TV, heard him on the radio, or hell just heard his name with out some wise ass crack about the album that will never be released?  I don't think there will be a tour, a video, nothing.  We got what we are going to get and thats as good as gets.  At least you got new music.  My all time fav. band is KISS and it's been 10 years since there was a new KISS song.  I think we as fans have to take it for what it is, move on, and enjoy what we all have wanted for so long!

Boy this is truely the great part of this whole process...

Brainless Axl salad tossers like yourself will die out.

RIP

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Axlin08 wrote:

RIP

This is not an Axl salad tosser at all--I don't see that--he is stating the truth--the album is out, there were no other promises.  If there are additional fireworks, all the better, enjoy them.  I think that is what this person is getting at.  I assume the poster has been reading the countless blind worship threads on HTGTH, and the nut-wad panic attacks on mygnr, and came to the right place to express their opinion.  Welcome to the best GNR board on the web pumpkin!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. Years ago I did expect them to do some damage with this. As the years went by and we kept hearing songs and saw the revolving door line up, I knew it would never live up to any of the visions imagined for it. The ones who kept believing in fairy tales would say things such as 'But none of these leaks will be on the album. Axl said they wouldn't and Merck said there were 20 tracks better on the 'A list'.

Those with common sense knew these were songs from the album. You don't tour twice playing 'B list' material. This is what caused this album to hit with a whimper for the hardcores. Not just the fact its not being promoted, but the fact we had heard 80% of the album for years.

You're right though. We finally have the album which is what we all wanted. We didn't get to hear a bunch of new songs, but that is beside the point. We wanted Chinese Democracy. We got it. The fanbase is in a state of flux right now(spanning all communities) for obvious reasons, but I think once the dust settles people will look at this a bit differently.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

You've got mail James!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

RIP

I think that's a bit harsh. There are varying opinions on how this all went down, and its only logical that we're going to see that. I agree with some of his points, mainly that there's unlikely to be much happen at this point(tour, videos,etc.). Also, like he said, we got what we wanted.

Fans just have different points of view on how this all went down. Also, everyone is unsure of what the next step will be.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, you're right. I apologize to pupmpkin.

He is right, but that "Axl doesn't owe us" stuff, just boils my blood these days. Hopefully it's explained more in the thread I just posted.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

To put a positive spin on it, it is the top rock album in the US and should be the world No. 1 album when sales are released this week.

Unless Corky Butcher slipped in a new release this week without my knowing....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The only reason CD has done what it's done is because of the brand name itself.

Considering the fact the music itself hasn't spoken, and neither has Axl, Axl should donate his portion of profit to Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven for building the name - GUNS N' ROSES - into what it is.

'Cause that's the only thing that is selling this album right now. The name.

pupmpkin
 Rep: 2 

pupmpkin wrote:

Honestly, I don't read whats going on over at HTGTH.  Axlin08, thanks but you did not have to apologize.  Trust me, I love GNR.  Love the music.  Don't really care about/or what the members do anymore.  The only reason I say Axl does not owe us anything is this:
1)  He does not have to put out anything at this point in the game.  If he puts out, great, I'll go it.  If he does not, oh well.  I won't loose any sleep over it.
2) We had a hell of a run from 88-93.  Wish I had been older to enjoy it all, but that was a great time to be a fan.  There is no way he will ever top that.  I should thank the man on the spot for the those years.  GNR is pretty much what saved music for me!

As far as Axl and respect, it's always been his ego trip.  I know the does not care about me.  He could really care less if I like his music or not and I know he is not going to go out of his way to please me.  Then on the other hand I am used to it...I am KISS fan.  Gene has been lying to me years!

Board footer