You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Interesting read on Chinese Democracy (from their myspace)

Aussie wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

it wasn't del. and he isn't even 43. and not from nashville. he's from new york. and i completely agree with everything this guy said in his blog. all i feel is gratitude for getting to listen to and own the music that axl makes. it's amazing, and i don't know why so many of you complain about every little thing. complaining about how axl relates to his fans.....picking apart every little thing about the songs..... it takes all the joy out of listening to and appreciating all this great music that axl and all the other guys created with their hearts and souls.  alot of you just sound like very unhappy people.

I haven't noticed anybody complaining in this thread - apart from yourself????

I simply made the point that the writing style reminded me of the way Del James writes.

The guy said in the article he saw two UYI shows.  Del obviously has seen a lot more shows than that.  I know that.

At the same time if they got Del to write it you could easily put in facts like a different age and a different area where he grew up etc if they wanted to.  But whatever, I don't think he wrote it, I simply made the point that it sounded to me like his flowery writing style that's all.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

it wasn't del. and he isn't even 43. and not from nashville. he's from new york. and i completely agree with everything this guy said in his blog. all i feel is gratitude for getting to listen to and own the music that axl makes. it's amazing, and i don't know why so many of you complain about every little thing. complaining about how axl relates to his fans.....picking apart every little thing about the songs..... it takes all the joy out of listening to and appreciating all this great music that axl and all the other guys created with their hearts and souls.  alot of you just sound like very unhappy people.

I simply made the point that the writing style reminded me of the way Del James writes.

The guy said in the article he saw two UYI shows.  Del obviously has seen a lot more shows than that.  I know that.

At the same time if they got Del to write it you could easily put in facts like a different age and a different area where he grew up etc if they wanted to.  But whatever, I don't think he wrote it, I simply made the point that it sounded to me like his flowery writing style that's all.

i'm not just talking about this thread. there isn't much on it yet anyway. i was referring most of the other crap i have read on here.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

i'm not just talking about this thread. there isn't much on it yet anyway. i was referring most of the other crap i have read on here.

The truth is the truth hurts
Don't you agree?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

This forum is full of die-hard fans who like to dissect GNR in more detail, look at things from every possible angle... doesn't mean we're always negative. When the leaks occured this forum was booming with happy fans and our chat room rarely had less than 25 people in it for over a fortnight. Fact is though a lot of fans are extremely disappointed with Chinese Democracy, whether its the music itself, rushed liner notes, BB exclusive deal, silence from Axl, not knowing the band lineup..... or a combination of all these signs of unprofessionalism.

If you want endless pages of one word, smiley only replies you know where to go, and if you want the one-sided "get on board or fuck off" approach then you know where to go.

We've all used those "other" forums before and either turned our backs in disgust or been ejected for not licking the shit out of Axls ass. Thats why we're here, everyone posting there opinions without fear of being called an Axlite or hater.

This isn't directed at you specifically paxcow, just tired of people saying this community is negative 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

damn, I should get a free Dr Pepper just to read all that

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The first half of that article is pretty damn good. He/she hits the nail on the head regarding AFD and the late 80's.

While reading it, I knew at some point we were gonna see the pompous bullshit putting down those who don't think its a masterpiece, and those who don't consider this GNR. Not sure why that type of garbage cant be left out of these articles.

Irony of this piece was a blogger insulting the blogging generation.

He even goes as far as insulting those people which he could have done without.  It would have made his whole article a lot better if he had focussed on the issues and didn't insult people and try to make it seem like their opinion is less than his. 

The first half is great though.  It makes me wish i had lived in that time.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

He has some very valid points--esp. related to many of the cynics who just write this thing off without even listening to it, and then publish an article.  I also agree, at least right now, that CD is superior to UYI's.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

That was a good read, a bit optimistic but good.  However I do have to say the album has grown on me and I feel it is a good album.  I can't put it at the level of songs like Coma, Estranged, Civil War and Breakdown however.  So for me it doesn't outdo the UYI's.  I think it makes a decent UYI III however, and that is quite a compliment within itself.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I agree with James that the first part of that article totally summed up my experience, except that the drunken debauchery and stupidity in my life continued well through the Illusions years as well.

I found the second part of the article sad.  When I say I don't like Chinese Democracy, it's the music.  And the presentation.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

I seems like people are of two extremes: Disaster or Raving Success.

Board footer