You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

mickronson wrote:

you reap what you sew.. tough shit axl

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, its pretty much officially a flop now. If its tanking in the US and the UK, the rest of the world is up next.

I think madagas hit the nail on the head. There were just too many obstacles in the path of this album and the band. Some inflicted by Axl, the various lineups, the hangers on,etc. Some not.

It had disaster written all over it and its not really that shocking that Axl is nowhere to be seen. Hell, the band members still cant talk about it.

The reason why CD became a 'leaks album' is starting to come to the surface. He knew it was gonna tank and there was no sense in blowing his entire load on it.

Sky Dog wrote:

It is unfortunate because I think it is a good record and would have been received much better if Axl would have showed some contrition and released it as a solo album. Oh well, if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hoppin'. James, I'll give you some credit, a lot of what you said would happen has happened. It will be interesting to see what's next....if anything. 3

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I still don't understand Axl's silence, unless he's really crazy. His silence doesn't fuck up his record company, Universal got most/a lot of its money back from the Best Buy deal. He fucks with the fans? Well, thank you if that's the case, but it's not that hard to live through another silent Axl period.

The only ones he fucks real hard with this silence are himself and the guys who worked their asses off to make the record Axl wanted. It's some kind of self-destruction. Build something for more than a decade, even killing an awesome band to reach that 'vision', spending a lot of (own) money on it, saying through the management that 'we will have the last laugh' and the 'album will show who as the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses', then nothing, when he surely knows that every album needs promo. CD's mystery's gone a lon time ago, now not the mystic, but the unveil of secrets would pump up interest. Anyway, he doesn't speak and doesn't go anywhere public. I can't get it. roll

So either he's in the derpessive stage of his bipolarity or he's doing it for some purpose, in the end it's just him being crazy.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Nope. I just think he's being "rebellious". I think the Best Buy thing was out of his hands, and he's sulking. He could have gotten that band on someone's talk show. He could have sat down with Rolling Stone last month. The gestation of this album was his wanting things "his way". There were a hundred ways he could look like a conquering hero right now, even if it was just as an "artiste" with a commercial failure on his head. He was calling the shots in this fight. When the bell rang, he ducked out the back.

Love the album. Supported his lineup changes & his new direction. 100% convinced of the musical merit of Chinese Democracy.

Axl is being a bitch right now. Apparently, a lot of us believed in the fight was worth it more than he did.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Maybe not everything turned out how he wanted in the end, we can only guess, but even if that's the case, you don't fuck up your career defining album. Unless you are insane. The only true explanation for me (if he's not crazy) would be that over the years he's grown to HATE his album and now don't wanna do anything for it just let it die.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well, Axl looks like a hypocrite with the Best Buy deal. CD wa all about the art and doing things his way and his vision only to sell it out to the highest bidder.

so he is boycotting the way the label handled it.

"FUCK U, u can release it, but Im not doing shit for it."

I guess we are negative as fans cause we hung around so long expecting a payoff and what we got was anything but.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The sad irony of it all?

It's a fantastic record. After all the hype, all the mythical rumor, all of it.... it flops. And the record is amazing. It's not crap, it's very very good. Better than the Illusions imo.

I just hope the top hatted one is around the corner, because right now, the future looks bleak for Guns N' Roses.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think a reunion would be a disaster. No way Axl would show up every night to work with people he has such contempt for. One no show could spark a riot and then that would be it all over, promoters wont stand for that shit anymore. Plus if anyone thinks Axl can swallow his pride and resentment and work with Slash then they are delusional. Look how people like Merck and Tom Zutaut are still ostracized by Axl and his clique.
Axl doesnt even seem to like working very much either to be honest, even with people he likes, why would he want to go on a reunion tour?

This can still get turned around, its not a disaster yet. Much of the album is actually brilliant, they only need to market one song in the correct fashion and the popularity would soar in a much more positive direction.

Its quite sad to see how much this launch has been botched, from the marketing, to the booklet, to the damaged vinyl.
Overall its all been a very disapointing effort.

"Nobody owes you a goddamn thing"?

I honestly believe that the Guns N'Roses fans deserved something better than this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think a reunion would be a disaster. No way Axl would show up every night to work with people he has such contempt for. One no show could spark a riot and then that would be it all over, promoters wont stand for that shit anymore. Plus if anyone thinks Axl can swallow his pride and resentment and work with Slash then they are delusional. Look how people like Merck and Tom Zutaut are still ostracized by Axl and his clique.
Axl doesnt even seem to like working very much either to be honest, even with people he likes, why would he want to go on a reunion tour?

This can still get turned around, its not a disaster yet. Much of the album is actually brilliant, they only need to market one song in the correct fashion and the popularity would soar in a much more positive direction.

Its quite sad to see how much this launch has been botched, from the marketing, to the booklet, to the damaged vinyl.
Overall its all been a very disapointing effort.

"Nobody owes you a goddamn thing"?

I honestly believe that the Guns N'Roses fans deserved something better than this.

It depends on how much either side is willing to bend. Is Axl willing to go stage, on time? Is Slash willing to accept they won't hit the stage 'til 11 or 12?

Slash himself said it, there has to be a mutual respect. I think they are closer to that now, then say - in 2004. Why? Because both of them went their own way, did their own thing, and it crashed & burned, and is probably over on both fronts.

That'll change people. There was many of people that said the same thing about David Lee Roth-solo vs. Van Hagar. They did it, 'til it fizzled out. They changed enough to finally make amends.

It all depends on how much either side is willing to sway. Slash & Duff have been much more open to a reunion in the last couple years, then when VR was on the launch pad. It boils down to Axl. He's got final decision. Where is his mind at? What's he thinking? Is he older and wiser, or still bitter? Notice in 2006-07, there were NONE of the hateful Slash & Duff rants, like there were in 2002. He seemed to be a much kinder, gentler Axl.

He still needs to work on his fanbase, but patching things up with those guys, would go a LONG WAY to also clearing his debt with the fans.

Another factor is Azoff. The guy just KNOWS how to deal with egos. I don't know how or what magic wand he waves, but he just can deal with these egos, and make it work somehow. Could GN'R be another he could work the same magic with? I dunno.

That's why a reunion is such an slim-to-none long shot of ever happening. Alot of factors, and alot of things would have to come together to make it happen.

But there's a better chance of it happening right now, then new GN'R - EVER - touring the states again. They might go around the world, and skip North America, but I don't know what promoter would sign up for a NA tour again at this point with the new band.

Board footer