You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Personally I think Better is a very good single. Unfortunately, it hasn't had the same push from UMG which CD did. But I do agree that, pound for pound, this album requires digestion in order to appreciate. However, I do not agree the material is not marketable or lacking enough quality to sell. In fact, I think it is quite good.

"I think Better is a very good single" + "this album requires digestion in order to appreciate" = no killer single that will get people interested.  It's simple math.

I have to agree with you here.

Something that "requires digestion" does not equal a hit single.  If it takes time to digest, then my guess is the radio station will be changed by a lot of people.  It's gotta grab people by the balls. 

In this case, it's not negative, it's realistic. 

Why are there so many people getting defensive and angry anyway?  The reactions of the general public shouldn't change your enjoyment (or lack of) at all.  It certainly doesn't change my enjoyment of the album.

Maybe you misunderstood me, Better is a good single. The album requires digestion but it is very filling.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

"I think Better is a very good single" + "this album requires digestion in order to appreciate" = no killer single that will get people interested.  It's simple math.

I have to agree with you here.

Something that "requires digestion" does not equal a hit single.  If it takes time to digest, then my guess is the radio station will be changed by a lot of people.  It's gotta grab people by the balls. 

In this case, it's not negative, it's realistic. 

Why are there so many people getting defensive and angry anyway?  The reactions of the general public shouldn't change your enjoyment (or lack of) at all.  It certainly doesn't change my enjoyment of the album.

Maybe you misunderstood me, Better is a good single. The album requires digestion but it is very filling.

I didn't misunderstand you.  If you are expecting this album to be a huge hit, but then saying it requires digestion, the public will have forgot about it by then. 

If there had been promotion from the beggining, it would have been different.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

Dropped to #17, selling 56,230 copies. A 78% drop! At this rate we won't even get to see how much it will sell in its third week, seeing as hitsdailydouble covers just the top 50. Sad and embarrassing.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

My thoughts exactly Smoking. It still lags CD in total spins because the label isn't pushing it.

The problem is not the label, the problem is Axl. Axl is not supporting his own album and he is the one who doesn't push it. We fans seem to care more about CD's success than the creator. Guess none of us should give a fuck, but I still have some sad feelings about it. Not much, but still some.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Saudade wrote:

Dropped to #17, selling 56,230 copies. A 78% drop! At this rate we won't even get to see how much it will sell in its third week, seeing as hitsdailydouble covers just the top 50. Sad and embarrassing.

This will be regarded as one of the biggest music flops in history, if not THE biggest.

Move over Chris Gaines.

And once again, it's gonna be trashed, and the sad thing - it's stellar. hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is brutal.... They must be shocked..  This is the best thing that could have ever happened to Axl Rose.  He will be humbled now maybe.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

is the album holding up worldwide?

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

325,000 albums sold in two weeks during the worst economic crisis in over seventy years, the worst crisis in the music industries history, and only being sold in one store which has about 900 store fronts (after closings), and 30% less foot traffic year over year, is not that bad.  Cry all you want, the album is good, the legend is still in tact, and the silence maintains the enigma.  Fuck it, it's nearly X-mas, and I have Chinese Democracy in my hands, and still have a job.  All things considered, I don't have much to complain about.  Who gives a shit about Britney, the fad-chasers, and the commercial side of the industry.  If you love music, and love GNR there is not much to cry about.  I've given up worrying about these #'s, it's a never-ending vicarious mind-fuck that has ZERO impact on my life or ability to judge and like music! 

GNFR!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

325,000 albums sold in two weeks during the worst economic crisis in over seventy years, the worst crisis in the music industries history, and only being sold in one store which has about 900 store fronts (after closings), and 30% less foot traffic year over year, is not that bad.  Cry all you want, the album is good, the legend is still in tact, and the silence maintains the enigma.  Fuck it, it's nearly X-mas, and I have Chinese Democracy in my hands, and still have a job.  All things considered, I don't have much to complain about.  Who gives a shit about Britney, the fad-chasers, and the commercial side of the industry.  If you love music, and love GNR there is not much to cry about.  I've given up worrying about these #'s, it's a never-ending vicarious mind-fuck that has ZERO impact on my life or ability to judge and like music! 

GNFR!!!

strikeout.jpg

Board footer