You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Whatever.  The charts have no impact on me.  I could care less.  How do charts impact your lives?  Why do they matter?  If you love a band and music, then love it, but don't let commercial fad's determine your taste.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Whatever.  The charts have no impact on me.  I could care less.  How do charts impact your lives?  Why do they matter?  If you love a band and music, then love it, but don't let commercial fad's determine your taste.

Exaclty, plus people fail to recognize or at least acknowledge that while sales for GNR dropped nearly 70%, sales for Kanye West and The Killers also dropped 67% and 68% respectively.

But that doesn't count I guess.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Saikin wrote:

I didn't misunderstand you.  If you are expecting this album to be a huge hit, but then saying it requires digestion, the public will have forgot about it by then. 

If there had been promotion from the beggining, it would have been different.

But if they were 'digesting it' then they would have bought it already.

Three or four spins is not asking too much especially after a purchase.

Regardless the album wasn't promoted so it has sunk.

wink

killingvector

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

My thoughts exactly Smoking. It still lags CD in total spins because the label isn't pushing it.

The problem is not the label, the problem is Axl. Axl is not supporting his own album and he is the one who doesn't push it. We fans seem to care more about CD's success than the creator. Guess none of us should give a fuck, but I still have some sad feelings about it. Not much, but still some.

I think there is something wrong in the GnR camp. He and the band have had nothing of substance to say about the situation. Doesn't sound good.

Is there still a band?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Is there still a band?

That question speaks volumes about the current situation.

These sales figures cant be sugarcoated. This obviously flopped, and the media is about to run with it. Next RS issue is gonna have a "Chinese Democracy released: Nobody Cares" mention. They are also calling it "the fizzle of the year". When the media latches on to something like that, it creates a chain reaction. Album sales will decrease even more.

IF GNR had any upcoming plans, they have most likely been derailed by the lukewarm reaction to this album.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Considering the spelling, grammar, and reasoning errors in your above post, I'll let others decide which post reads like 'crap'.

My point again is that you cannot make the case that this album does not appeal to enough people when your argument is littered with subjective judgments on the quality of the album itself such as 'mediocre ballad' in reference to This I Love.

I get it, you don't like the album. But why do you insist on explaining why millions of others don't like it either? Many people impulse buy music once they have been hooked onto a single track. Others simply will never look for a piece of music if they haven't had their attention grabbed by any part of it. There are far too many other factors at play here than simply: the music stinks, the people have spoken. Such reasoning is beyond simplistic, it's laughable. You can break down any underselling album by generic themes and make that same case regardless of reality.

16:haha:  yeah o.k. buddy. Spelling errors? Yeah that's relevant. Lets' see what other irrelevant topics you can hit on seeing as though you have nothing but excuses. You are one big excuse.  "not enough people have heard the album" Boo fucking hoo!  Not enough people heard U2's Pop either and that album was dubbed a commercial failure selling roughly 6 million copies. U2 has a name, U2 has selling power but people didn't like what they heard from the Pop album so not nearly as many purchased it as your regular U2 album. Chinese Democracy is no fucking different. People haven't liked what they've heard so people aren't gonna buy it. Get that through your skull. It's not a  matter of people just not being exposed to this album. Hell man this album has been exposed since 1998. WAKE UP! 

Are you seriously that dense that you haven't noticed I've pointed out the other factors that have contributed to the weak sales than holy shit pal. In case you haven't noticed I called This I Love awesome. In my album review I gave it a 4 outta 5. I also called the music an average piano ballad which Axl's voice evelvates to an amazing song. Talk about picking you spots. That's all you do. You're obsessed with looking for anything you deem slightly negative and then feel this insane need to defend the album. Get over it. You honestly sound like a joke when you can't admit the music has played a big part in the poor sales. This bullshit that will live in your mind forever that the album just did't get enough exposure is crap.  So what? A video for CD kills it and album sales spike by a million? Axl does an interview and people think "gee that guys' still alive? I should check that album out" causeing  it to surge back into the top ten.

You're living in La La land Killingvector.  You honestly sound like an obbsessed fanboy who  blames the commercial faliure on this album on everything other than the music.  16 My God imagine that. People not buying an album cause they don't like what they've heard.  I love a band called the National, not many have head them but I'm not stupid enough to think that if only the masses would give it a chance they'd love it cause the fact is the masses wouldn't love it. The masses won't love CD whether they hear it or not. Hello!!!

Oh but I forgot. 75 of Manchester's police departement to a man absolutely love the album  Sure they do.  roll

How was my spelling in that? Do tell cause I mean it's relevant to the topic at hand. Seriously man by bringing up spelling you look like an ass.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Is there still a band?

That question speaks volumes about the current situation.

These sales figures cant be sugarcoated. This obviously flopped, and the media is about to run with it. Next RS issue is gonna have a "Chinese Democracy released: Nobody Cares" mention. They are also calling it "the fizzle of the year". When the media latches on to something like that, it creates a chain reaction. Album sales will decrease even more.

IF GNR had any upcoming plans, they have most likely been derailed by the lukewarm reaction to this album.

You watch. In years to come when magazines do specials on Guns N' Roses and do album by album reviews Chinese Democracy will be relegated to "for fans only" status. YES IT WILL.  These rave reviews we've read will be long forgotten. It reminds me of the Cure's self titled album in 2004.  Was released to rave reviews but only a few years later was being called "for fans only" by the same publications that prasied it.  Go figure.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Exaclty, plus people fail to recognize or at least acknowledge that while sales for GNR dropped nearly 70%, sales for Kanye West and The Killers also dropped 67% and 68% respectively.

But that doesn't count I guess.

The problem is, I have a hard time believing if the roles were reversed it'd be the same way.

If this album had slammed U.S. charts hitting #1, with 700k opening week, everyone would be going "Guns N' Fuckin' Roses is back! Look at the haters. Just look at the charts. Axl's back"

Now that it bombed, we don't give a shit about the charts.

We'll you might, and I might not (I really don't give a shit about sales)... but the record company DOES care. The Killers & Kanye & Nickelback and whoever the fuck, didn't have $13mil in production sunk into their record, countless delays, production issues, a revolving door of a band, etc.

Axl NEEDED this to be a home run. It was required. And it was a strike out at the plate.

This changes EVERYTHING for the future of Guns N' Roses.

Nobody is hating. Not me, not you, not anyone. Just some of us realize that the music will not be ALLOWED to speak for itself. The world isn't fair sadly.

If you love Guns so much, you can't help but to wonder what's next. The three R's are the only thing on tap.

1) Rockalohoma - I just use this as an example. Axl could continue new Guns, with it's revolving door lineup as it devolves to a category with Sebastian Bach, Ratt, White Lion, Dokken, Faster Pussycat, Warrant, Slaughter, etc. GN'R even now isn't even on a level with Poison. Axl could allow GN'R to go back to being an opener for bigger acts like Poison, Aerosmith, and Motley Crue. But would Axl's ego allow that? He would have to be on time for shows, perform smaller sets, and make much less money and get much less pampering. It would be like scrapping together again, like 1987.

2) Reunion - the most loved route. This would allow Axl alot of benefits. Big pay day, big lights, tons of hype, glitz, glamour, GN'R would be reborn, the band's legend would be maintained... but... would he share a stage with Slash?

3) Retirement - a very likely possibility, one that would further destroy his image within his own fanbase, and likely result in a total implosion of his marketability and fanship. This will further burn bridges, if not put him in court. Believe me, the record company is just as pissed at this vanishing act.

People need to stop thinking this is all about hate. There are no sides with hate. If GNRBABY goes on and on and on about how this is a good thing, and it isn't over. It's because they LOVE GN'R. If I keep saying, "reunion reunion reunion", it's because I feel it's the best route, and LOVE GN'R. If people are like "fuck Axl" if he decides to walk away, it's because they LOVE AXL.

There's no hate here. Anywhere, on any board. It's just like watching a football game, and the friggin' home team sucks, and you boo them. You're not booing them because you hate them, you're booing them because you KNOW they are capable of doing better for themselves.

killingvector

Bono wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Considering the spelling, grammar, and reasoning errors in your above post, I'll let others decide which post reads like 'crap'.

My point again is that you cannot make the case that this album does not appeal to enough people when your argument is littered with subjective judgments on the quality of the album itself such as 'mediocre ballad' in reference to This I Love.

I get it, you don't like the album. But why do you insist on explaining why millions of others don't like it either? Many people impulse buy music once they have been hooked onto a single track. Others simply will never look for a piece of music if they haven't had their attention grabbed by any part of it. There are far too many other factors at play here than simply: the music stinks, the people have spoken. Such reasoning is beyond simplistic, it's laughable. You can break down any underselling album by generic themes and make that same case regardless of reality.

16:haha:  yeah o.k. buddy. Spelling errors? Yeah that's relevant. Lets' see what other irrelevant topics you can hit on seeing as though you have nothing but excuses. You are one big excuse.  "not enough people have heard the album" Boo fucking hoo!  Not enough people heard U2's Pop either and that album was dubbed a commercial failure selling roughly 6 million copies. U2 has a name, U2 has selling power but people didn't like what they heard from the Pop album so not nearly as many purchased it as your regular U2 album. Chinese Democracy is no fucking different. People haven't liked what they've heard so people aren't gonna buy it. Get that through your skull. It's not a  matter of people just not being exposed to this album. Hell man this album has been exposed since 1998. WAKE UP! 

Are you seriously that dense that you haven't noticed I've pointed out the other factors that have contributed to the weak sales than holy shit pal. In case you haven't noticed I called This I Love awesome. In my album review I gave it a 4 outta 5. I also called the music an average piano ballad which Axl's voice evelvates to an amazing song. Talk about picking you spots. That's all you do. You're obsessed with looking for anything you deem slightly negative and then feel this insane need to defend the album. Get over it. You honestly sound like a joke when you can't admit the music has played a big part in the poor sales. This bullshit that will live in your mind forever that the album just did't get enough exposure is crap.  So what? A video for CD kills it and album sales spike by a million? Axl does an interview and people think "gee that guys' still alive? I should check that album out" causeing  it to surge back into the top ten.

You're living in La La land Killingvector.  You honestly sound like an obbsessed fanboy who  blames the commercial faliure on this album on everything other than the music.  16 My God imagine that. People not buying an album cause they don't like what they've heard.  I love a band called the National, not many have head them but I'm not stupid enough to think that if only the masses would give it a chance they'd love it cause the fact is the masses wouldn't love it. The masses won't love CD whether they hear it or not. Hello!!!

Oh but I forgot. 75 of Manchester's police departement to a man absolutely love the album  Sure they do.  roll

How was my spelling in that? Do tell cause I mean it's relevant to the topic at hand. Seriously man by bringing up spelling you look like an ass.

If you think that quality is measured by the number of units pushed then you really should be ranting on the Britney Spears board.

btw, your spelling still needs work, as does your prose. Plus I never read your album review nor do I have an inclination to.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

325,000 albums sold in two weeks during the worst economic crisis in over seventy years, the worst crisis in the music industries history, and only being sold in one store which has about 900 store fronts (after closings), and 30% less foot traffic year over year, is not that bad.  Cry all you want, the album is good, the legend is still in tact, and the silence maintains the enigma.  Fuck it, it's nearly X-mas, and I have Chinese Democracy in my hands, and still have a job.  All things considered, I don't have much to complain about.  Who gives a shit about Britney, the fad-chasers, and the commercial side of the industry.  If you love music, and love GNR there is not much to cry about.  I've given up worrying about these #'s, it's a never-ending vicarious mind-fuck that has ZERO impact on my life or ability to judge and like music! 

GNFR!!!

Another good post. People can cut it any way they want, but being sold exclusively at Best Buy hampers the sells.

Board footer