You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know we've got some radio guys here. What are some up to date numbers on Better? Maybe they should unload a new single next week.

in my area better and cd are both still doing well

#1 Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy Chinese Democracy
#2 Kings Of Leon Sex On Fire Only By The Night
#3 Metallica Cyanide Death Magnetic
#4 Nickelback Something in Your Mouth Dark Horse
#5 Mudvayne Do What You Do The New Game
#6 Guns N' Roses  Better Chinese Democracy
#7 Disturbed Indestructible Indestructible
#8 Rise Against Re-Education Appeal to Reason
#9 Matt Mays & El Torpedo  Building A Boat Terminal Romance

on the new rock station CD has jumped up to #11 whcih is its peak so far there...and its been on the chart since it was released, so its experienceing longevity

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

billboard #'s

canadian top 100
@ 29 dropped from 23 last week Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy
Peak:10  Wks On:6 

Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks
@ 8 dropped from 7 last week Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy
Peak: 5 Wks On: 6

also there was #4 digital album Download, #3 sales album

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This is all down to Axl. I think he may have let the pressure get to him. Now is the time he'd have to come out hard with the new band and work frantically to deconstruct the memories the average punter has about GNR being Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy etc. That's a hell of a brand to take on.

It took him 17 years to attempt to bury the old band musically and look where we are today.

Maybe he just can't face the relentlessly probing interviews that we all know lie ahead for him about his side of the break up, the quality of CD against the old band, what took so long etc.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

The Best Buy thing is killing them...

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

Yep. People can say you can order it online, but the fact is a lot of people dont like to shop online for various reasons. Alot of the negativity right now wouldnt be here if it would released through Wal Mart. Who am I kidding, some people would find something to bitch about I'm sure.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If they had released it to Wal-Mart, alot would've jumped on the 'sell out' bandwagon, and rambling on about how Wal-Mart is a business nazi, and blah blah blah.

I always thought Wal-Mart was the better route to go. More money, more promo, more sales, etc. It wasn't brain surgery. We just didn't know at the time what CD's tracklist would be, so we didn't know what songs would be on there.

Knowing what we know now, an F & GD on two songs out of 14, was not worth the loss of money and record sales, even if Sorry is a fantastic song. Life would've went on without Riad, believe me.

And to Intercourse, Axl's days of proving this band to be Guns N' Roses are FAR FAR FAR over. His best shot was in 2001-2002, with Buckethead. He had a bonafide guitar hero as a Slash-replacement, and that 2001-02 band was fucking tight. I cream my pants over the thought of 2006-07 Axl, singing with that 2002 band, that would've been the dream.

At that point people were willing to listen, and the fans were overly supportive. But there's too much water under the bridge at this point. Axl turned the whole process into a disaster, they couldn't hold on to Bucket, the 2006-07 lineup, as much as a I love Ron & Frank, are weaker than 2001-02, and about 15 fuckin' people are on the album.

Axl & GN'R have just lost all of their credibility with casuals & hardcores.

Alot of Axl's friends and such, including Slash, have always said "Axl apologizes through grand gestures".

With all the bridges he's burnt in his fan base, the biggest grand gesture he can bring is Slash, Duff & Izzy. That would be the Christmas Ham that everyone would accept. At this point, it's the only thing that would bring his fans & the world back to sign up for the entity that is Guns N' Roses.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

Yep. People can say you can order it online, but the fact is a lot of people dont like to shop online for various reasons. Alot of the negativity right now wouldnt be here if it would released through Wal Mart. Who am I kidding, some people would find something to bitch about I'm sure.

It should be in every record store. Especially Barnes & Noble, Borders, and FYE. Because people are Holiday shopping at the malls right now, They also visit book stores for shopping and coffee. They would see CD and say "what the heck, I'm curious" and buy the record... Maybe Axl is waiting for the BB exclusive to end...

A friend of mine owns a small record/cd shop and he bought 20 copies of CD and resold them at $15 and they are all gone...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

It should be in every record store. Especially Barnes & Noble, Borders, and FYE. Because people are Holiday shopping at the malls right now, They also visit book stores for shopping and coffee. They would see CD and say "what the heck, I'm curious" and buy the record... Maybe Axl is waiting for the BB exclusive to end...

A friend of mine owns a small record/cd shop and he bought 20 copies of CD and resold them at $15 and they are all gone...

Thanks for bringing that up, because I was just talking with a friend about that the other day.

In that 261k record sales, how many business owners went to Best Buy and bought a shit load of copies, to turn around and resell in the small shops for a profit?

Take that shit away, and your U.S. sales goes even further down.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Axlin08,
  For Axl to get behind a reunion, Axl would have to be willing to demonstrate (through the act of reuniting. No words necessary) that he was wrong.

And the odds of that are...?

Yep. You guessed it. Nada.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Thanks for bringing that up, because I was just talking with a friend about that the other day.

In that 261k record sales, how many business owners went to Best Buy and bought a shit load of copies, to turn around and resell in the small shops for a profit?

Take that shit away, and your U.S. sales goes even further down.

Depends on how you look at it, because in my buddy's case all his copies where sold, so they are in the hands of individual fans. So, if it where everywhere perhaps more people would be buying it.

Board footer