You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

The problem is a total lack of promotion and involvement from the band, namely Axl.  I don't watch MTV cause I have a brain and a dick between my legs, but I assume Kanye, Beyonce and Britney are all over the TV.  There is shit, nada, zilch from GN'R.  This album was only purchased by those who follow the band or the music industry because no one else knows about it.  All this talk about Azoff being this genius and the highlight of his marketing plan for 15 second videos that got occasional air play. 

To those saying the managment should invest money into countries where it sold well in week 1, why?  Selling well in Switzerland means dick.  It could be #1 in Switzerland for a year and women could orgasm on the streets everytime they hear Axl's screech in Bern and it'd still be more advantageous if the Album stayed #10 in the US for a few weeks.  It's simple numbers.  I know people take pride in GN'R and it doing well in their nation, but there's 300 million people in the United States alone, compared with roughly 300 million people in Europe total.  If they want this album to do well, they need to fucking get Axl on Leno, Letterman, The Daily Show or whatever else is the flavor of the day with the masses.  Make a fucking video, and above all else, get out and tour.  This is fucking economics 101 and they're fucking it up.  This is an amazing album and blows the shit out of any other piece of plastic wrapped in the past few years.  That's what is so depressing.  This is a great album put out under one of the famous band's (if name only to appease the haters) and it's going to flop because there has been zero fucking promotion. 

I have never believed in a reunion, but this fiasco does even more to harm the chances of that ever happening.  The press would eat the re-united band alive.  "Guns N' Roses gets back together after two album flops."  That's how the band is going to be portrayed.  And they will never get the feeling they had on AFD and the Illusions, so they'll be razzed for not hitting their mark there as well.  It's also just such a god damn tragedy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

check this out...i was looking for other best buy exclusive cd's to compare with but i came across this instead....kid rock's rocknroll jesus

Crtical reception
Rock N Roll Jesus has received generally positive reviews from critics. The album has a score of 63 on Metacritic, based on 12 reviews. Rolling Stone gave the album 4 out of 5 stars, stating "His good-hearted faith in rock & roll delivers a powerful kick. As he well knows--and Rock N Roll Jesus proves--roaring guitars, truckloads of attitude and an unquenchable lust for life make up for a multitude of sins." Billboard stated "We may be more entertained at times by Rock's extramusical affairs, but the "Devil" should still be given his due as a clever and creative musical force." Allmusic was less enthusiastic, stating "The music isn't as serious: splashy and silly though it may be, at least it gets the basic sound right, even if it's way too polished and precise."

Sales
The album debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart, selling about 170,000 copies in its first week.[7] It is Kid Rock's first and only album so far to go #1 on the Billboard 200 chart. The album rebounded in March of 2008 when "All Summer Long" was released as a single climbing back into the top 10 on the billboard 200 staying for 17 weeks. It has sold 2.3 million in the U.S. and 2.8 million Worldwide and was certifiied platnium in Canada and Germany.

Success On Radio
The album's first two singles, "So Hott" and "Amen", both did relatively well on the Mainstream Rock and Modern Rock charts despite Kid boycotting iTunes and receiving minimum digital downloads. On the Mainstream Rock chart, the singles peaked at No. 2 and No. 11 respectively -- the former one becoming the biggest rock hit of his career. The tracks also respectively peaked at No. 13 and No. 27 on the Modern Rock charts.

The album's third single, "All Summer Long," was a massive worldwide hit. It peaked at No. 23 on the Hot 100 chart. "Roll On" and "Rock N Roll Jesus" were released at the same time as follow ups to "All Summer Long." "Roll On" has yet to chart, while "Rock N Roll Jesus" debuted at No. 35 on the Mainstream Rock chart.

seems relatively similar to gnr to me...i still say that this isnt over by a long shot...gnr went up against the current #1 rap artist adn the current #1 country artist the week it was released...that takes some balls and it is also not what alot of peopel predicted...peopel kept thinking that they would wait til the opportune moment to release on a weak schedule...well that didnt happen..i say kudos to gnr and 2009 may give us some pleasant surprises

as far as other artists with new albums that particular week

ACDC went up against High School Music 3, MARY MARY and Hank Williams III

Metallica went up against jessica simpson, ll cool J, eric benet, GYM CLASS HEROES, MITCH HEDBERG and natalie cole

and gnr went up against Kayne, ludacris, killers, barry manilow and cold play

i woiuld say gnr had the toughest combo of all three tbh

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

Axlin08,
  For Axl to get behind a reunion, Axl would have to be willing to demonstrate (through the act of reuniting. No words necessary) that he was wrong.

And the odds of that are...?

Yep. You guessed it. Nada.

I guess you shut me down. Total truth.

But I think it also depends on what he brings them. Like I was saying - grand gestures. If Axl brings them a money deal way in the millions, money that their great great great grandchildren will still be living off of, that will be his technical apology.

The media and world will also run him out there like a fool.

The lottery-like payday, the media showing Axl as the wrong one all over the world, and CD doing less numbers in the U.S. than Contraband... will be enough for Slash & Duff imo.

Now Izzy, that's a different story. They have to be a mutual page as artists. No amount of money in the world will get him up there. He can't be bought on any level.

GNRBABY wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

It should be in every record store. Especially Barnes & Noble, Borders, and FYE. Because people are Holiday shopping at the malls right now, They also visit book stores for shopping and coffee. They would see CD and say "what the heck, I'm curious" and buy the record... Maybe Axl is waiting for the BB exclusive to end...

A friend of mine owns a small record/cd shop and he bought 20 copies of CD and resold them at $15 and they are all gone...

Thanks for bringing that up, because I was just talking with a friend about that the other day.

In that 261k record sales, how many business owners went to Best Buy and bought a shit load of copies, to turn around and resell in the small shops for a profit?

Take that shit away, and your U.S. sales goes even further down.

Depends on how you look at it, because in my buddy's case all his copies where sold, so they are in the hands of individual fans. So, if it where everywhere perhaps more people would be buying it.

True, but I think when people see album sales numbers, they assume individual people walked into Best Buy and bought one copy each. Not 3 copies here, 2 copies there, 5 copies there, and the countless small shop owners that might of bought 20-40 or so for their shops.

And they still could only do 261k. Ouch.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

check this out...i was looking for other best buy exclusive cd's to compare with but i came across this instead....kid rock's rocknroll jesus

Crtical reception
Rock N Roll Jesus has received generally positive reviews from critics. The album has a score of 63 on Metacritic, based on 12 reviews. Rolling Stone gave the album 4 out of 5 stars, stating "His good-hearted faith in rock & roll delivers a powerful kick. As he well knows--and Rock N Roll Jesus proves--roaring guitars, truckloads of attitude and an unquenchable lust for life make up for a multitude of sins." Billboard stated "We may be more entertained at times by Rock's extramusical affairs, but the "Devil" should still be given his due as a clever and creative musical force." Allmusic was less enthusiastic, stating "The music isn't as serious: splashy and silly though it may be, at least it gets the basic sound right, even if it's way too polished and precise."

Sales
The album debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart, selling about 170,000 copies in its first week.[7] It is Kid Rock's first and only album so far to go #1 on the Billboard 200 chart. The album rebounded in March of 2008 when "All Summer Long" was released as a single climbing back into the top 10 on the billboard 200 staying for 17 weeks. It has sold 2.3 million in the U.S. and 2.8 million Worldwide and was certifiied platnium in Canada and Germany.

Success On Radio
The album's first two singles, "So Hott" and "Amen", both did relatively well on the Mainstream Rock and Modern Rock charts despite Kid boycotting iTunes and receiving minimum digital downloads. On the Mainstream Rock chart, the singles peaked at No. 2 and No. 11 respectively -- the former one becoming the biggest rock hit of his career. The tracks also respectively peaked at No. 13 and No. 27 on the Modern Rock charts.

The album's third single, "All Summer Long," was a massive worldwide hit. It peaked at No. 23 on the Hot 100 chart. "Roll On" and "Rock N Roll Jesus" were released at the same time as follow ups to "All Summer Long." "Roll On" has yet to chart, while "Rock N Roll Jesus" debuted at No. 35 on the Mainstream Rock chart.

seems relatively similar to gnr to me...i still say that this isnt over by a long shot...gnr went up against the current #1 rap artist adn the current #1 country artist the week it was released...that takes some balls and it is also not what alot of peopel predicted...peopel kept thinking that they would wait til the opportune moment to release on a weak schedule...well that didnt happen..i say kudos to gnr and 2009 may give us some pleasant surprises

as far as other artists with new albums that particular week

Metallica went up against jessica simpson, ll cool J, eric benet, GYM CLASS HEROES, MITCH HEDBERG and natalie cole

Which goes even further to show you how stupid marketing and promo has been.

They thought CD was the second-coming of the White Album. And they were dead wrong. Way wrong.

Hell, even DIEHARD GN'R fans were telling them there's no way they're gonna do better numbers than Kanye or Taylor Swift.

They had to know this, or they don't know their business.

They are burying this thing intentionally, for whatever reason.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There is no "All Summer Long" hit on this album.  There is no song that's going to get play on pop, rock, and country stations.  We can't even all agree on a hit, how is the general public that has no interest in this version of GnR going to?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

Axlin08,
  For Axl to get behind a reunion, Axl would have to be willing to demonstrate (through the act of reuniting. No words necessary) that he was wrong.

And the odds of that are...?

Yep. You guessed it. Nada.

He could blame the management, record company, internet, Best Buy, Dr. Pepper etc. for the good, but in GN'R standards weak sales. He could go on talking about how proud of the album he is, but NOW wants to AFD over again to show the world what the shit is. Sad thing that the other guys won't do any reunion in the next few years and I seriously doubt tha Axl will leave his house in the next couple of years, too. He has Fernando to buy the next GTA for him. (James, where is the giant elephant turd video?)

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

When I first heard the Catcher leak in 06 I thought at the time it had the potential to become a nice little summer anthem, it just had a lovely vibe to it.

For some reason the finished version doesnt have that vibe.

Mabye Scraped could become a hit single, I'm dubious all the same, cant even decide if I like it.

I cant see any others, Street Of Dreams mabye, but now it tries too hard to be huge and epic. Its suffocated the genuine emotion in the song.

mrbill
 Rep: 0 

mrbill wrote:

tombstonefl8.jpg

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

High School Music 3 is still in the Top 10 and GN'R will most likely drop out. That's for the competition being too hard for Axl. Anyway, Metallica sold like 3 times more in 3 days(!) and AC/DC did almost four times more than GN'R. That speaks volumes.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Olorin wrote:

When I first heard the Catcher leak in 06 I thought at the time it had the potential to become a nice little summer anthem, it just had a lovely vibe to it.

For some reason the finished version doesnt have that vibe.

Mabye Scraped could become a hit single, I'm dubious all the same, cant even decide if I like it.

I cant see any others, Street Of Dreams mabye, but now it tries too hard to be huge and epic. Its suffocated the genuine emotion in the song.

An edited and shortened CITR could do well. It's a simple Yeserdays-type songs, yet it's almost 6 minutes long. Boring.

I always saw hit potential in Street of Dreams/The blues, but Axl's singing on the finished version is awful, sounds like a bad demo. It would flop.

Board footer