You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

I was gonna say the same thing but it is Christmas Eve..:haha:...Chinese has to be about 400,000 sold in the US now. I am not sure GH has done that but it is probably close. People also completely forget that Best Buy bought 1.3 million at basically full price. Axl had a good year while also cleaning up the mess of the last 14 years in one big swoop. He has to be somewhat content. Any Gnr fan should be happy that the saga is over.:beer::beer::mosh:

the slate has been wiped clean and it will be interesting to see what happens next.:ummm:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah those are pretty impressive catalog sales. Too bad that tracklist for GH is so horrific. The sales of GH would probably be close to double their current sales had more thought been put into it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Most casuals don't care James. And that's who GH is marketed to.

I tried my best to turn on my best friend to GN'R, who's a Metallica & RCHP nut, and told him what he needed to hear, and was even going to make him a taster CD, but he went out and bought GH instead, and then loved them.

I just went with it. He loves GH, so I guess that's cool. But he's listening to songs like Since I Don't Have You & Ain't It Fun, when he could be listening to Coma & Estranged. That isn't even counting Nightrain, Rocket Queen, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy-acoustic, Bad Obsession, The Garden, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, etc.

Heck those TSI tracks aren't even the best TSI tracks. If it just had to have TSI tracks on it, they should've went with Human Being and Down On The Farm or Hair of the Dog.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

CD sold 57,000 last week which was a 16% increase in sales, week over week. It's domestic total is now 422,000.  Needless to say, GNR sold a truckload of albums (CD + full catalog) across the world last year.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yearend/ … op+Artists

looks like Gnr was the fourth best selling artist (catalog sales/afd-greatest hits) for 2008. Pretty damn good.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yearend/ … end+Albums

greatest hits was the third best selling catalog album of the year. 5

So the Trans Siberian Orchestra out sold GNR?    WOW!  Also AC/DC had 9 albums chart, pretty amazing.  I wonder if Greatest Hits outsold CD this year.  I would say yes.

Another blatant attempt to falsely, and negatively tilt any conversation into a slam on the band.  What a ludicrous, pussy-shit, completely irrational take.

This is an incredible accomplishment, with only two catalog albums charting (AFD, GH's charting), they outsold ACDC's catalog, who had nine albums charting.

I'm sorry, but I have to point out that it means the public is still interested in classic GN'R, even more than they are interested in AC/DC. However, people are more interested in AC/DC than this incarnation of GN'R. It proves my point (again) that casual fans and average music buyers aren't interested in neither the Slashless GN'R, nor the Axlless GN'R (=VR). It has nothing to do with the music - they wouldn't buy an AC/DC album with Angus Young and four other guys or a Queen album with Paul Rodgers singing, etc., even if it's the new Dark Side of the Moon. They don't want false things, they want the 'real deal'.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yearend/ … op+Artists

looks like Gnr was the fourth best selling artist (catalog sales/afd-greatest hits) for 2008. Pretty damn good.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/yearend/ … end+Albums

greatest hits was the third best selling catalog album of the year. 5

So the Trans Siberian Orchestra out sold GNR?    WOW!  Also AC/DC had 9 albums chart, pretty amazing.  I wonder if Greatest Hits outsold CD this year.  I would say yes.

Another blatant attempt to falsely, and negatively tilt any conversation into a slam on the band.  What a ludicrous, pussy-shit, completely irrational take.

This is an incredible accomplishment, with only two catalog albums charting (AFD, GH's charting), they outsold ACDC's catalog, who had nine albums charting.  Trans Siberian Orchestra sells millions each holiday season, and has for years.  Basically, this shows the strength, massive strength of GNR--over a full year, they sold a boatload of product.  I am sure, that GH's, over a full year, sold more than CD did in ONLY 4 weeks.  But, to use that as some sort of slam (full year, vs. one month) is ridiculous!  The over the top, Bull shit negativity has lost all credibility.  10

Does AC/DC have a greatest hits?  Nope.  Until they do, shut your hole.  I am not negative and Mikkamakka makes the point perfectly.  Also if you compare apples to apples of current product, AC/DC is 10 times the band GNR is "Right Now".  If AC/DC came out with a Greatest Hits Today, it would sell millions, just like GNR's has.  CD is a commercial flop regardless of the great songs it has on it.  Black Ice was a big hit.  The numbers so far are not up for debate.  The only thing carrying the GNR name right now is Greatest Hits and Appetite.  I am only going on facts here.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know Best Buy was getting SLAMMED with shoppers today (Christmas Eve) for the day before Christmas.

I expect those numbers to stabilize for next week, if not increase.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is an incredible accomplishment, with only two catalog albums charting (AFD, GH's charting), they outsold ACDC's catalog, who had nine albums charting.  Trans Siberian Orchestra sells millions each holiday season, and has for years.  Basically, this shows the strength, massive strength of GNR--over a full year, they sold a boatload of product.  I am sure, that GH's, over a full year, sold more than CD did in ONLY 4 weeks.  But, to use that as some sort of slam (full year, vs. one month) is ridiculous!  The over the top, Bull shit negativity has lost all credibility.  10

Does AC/DC have a greatest hits?  Nope.  Until they do, shut your hole.  I am not negative and Mikkamakka makes the point perfectly.  Also if you compare apples to apples of current product, AC/DC is 10 times the band GNR is "Right Now".  If AC/DC came out with a Greatest Hits Today, it would sell millions, just like GNR's has.  CD is a commercial flop regardless of the great songs it has on it.  Black Ice was a big hit.  The numbers so far are not up for debate.  The only thing carrying the GNR name right now is Greatest Hits and Appetite.  I am only going on facts here.

You may have a few points, but they are drowned out fairly quickly with your absolutist delivery.  Moreover, you are making fairly huge assumptions and stating your personal opinion as fact.  For instance, you claim that ACDC is "10 times the band GNR is Right Now"; however, if you compare "apples to apples", which the Billboard back catalog chart did, GNR's full catalog outsold ACDC's  in the US last year.  Also, CD is actually doing just fine--the expectations, created falsely by irrational media that this was going to outsell Thriller and Appetite in one week was a myth that has framed the CD, at least temporarily, in an unfair light.  BTW, "numbers" cannot make one band better than another, that's like arguing which color is better "blue or green"?

All that aside, Happy Holidays!:haha:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer