You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

"sometimes I just want to hear a kick ass guitar solo without 2 billion effects on it."

then please do us all a favor and go listen to those guitar solos and go spam a Bon Jovi board. 16 Outside of your last sentence, what does any of your ramblings have to do with Chinese Democracy chart positions? 10

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

fwiw D-Machine I agreee with most of what you are saying.  Yes there are cringe worthy tracks on the old albums but there aint many and the rest of it more than makes up and then some, while CD`s non cringe just about compensates.  Im finding myself skipping more and more tracks on this thing, close to the amount i skip on both the illusions put together.
Its a good album nonetheless but i dont know if it`ll last.

on topic, i have no idea what position it is here, and you wouldnt know it was even out, its invisible.  Shame

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

sometimes I just want to hear a kick ass guitar solo without 2 billion effects on it

If you can't find a kick ass solo on CD without 2 billion effects on it, I'm afraid I can't help you. Clearly you did not listen to it much.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

the end of the day, as far as solos go, buckets solo on TWAT would have slash envious
only problem with solos i have, the ones that have one, is the newer Riad one.. its so stuck on you can see the sellotape..its crap too

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

D... where the fuck you been??!?!

Went out of town for a week for Christmas. Also, I just have been trying to keep quiet and not really be negative. I am trying the whole, if I don't have anything good to say approach but fuck it.

Sometimes I feel message forums are bad for your health u know? GNR are the only one of my favorite bands that I post on message forums about and they seem to be the only one that I am negative or get upset about.

is that due to message forums? or is it because it is the only one of my favorite bands that give u reason to be negative?

I'm just trying to be over the whole GNR thing and just take it for what it is. I let people over at another forum totally rob me of my joy for this band over the years. The bullshit censor and deletion shit, the over the top love fest and ass kissing and excuse making over every single thing. It just kind of digs at u.

The bono/Faldor thing got me to thinking and It made me feel bad because Faldor hit it on the head. I am guilty myself at times of almost hoping New GNR and VR fail so I can possibly get a reunion, I don't want the new band to be better than the old band and I feel guilty almost being happy that CD is flopping so I can look at all the people who censor and bash u for having an objective opinion, all those who tried to act like Robin Finck was better than Slash etc.

I can take the numbers and be like "FUCK U" u are wrong, I was right BUT as Faldor said, I have to almost cheer for failure for one of my favorite bands to be right and that isn't how a fan should be.

I wasn't always negative and like this until all the bullshit started happening on GNR forums over the years. all the people who claimed Axl was GNR and the old band were lucky to have been in a band with him etc etc and how the new guys are superior to them before even releasing one fucking note. it just wore me down over the years.

I tried listening to CD on my way home from out of state and to be honest, I found myself skipping every other song and ended up listening to Scraped, Sorry, Catcher and Madagascar and that was it.

I feel bad for building this moment up in my head over all this time. I had this mythical comeback envisioned all these years and the VMA's, FUCK everything was so set up and just the constant bullshit and balldropping over the years has just left me deflated.

Can't see that I blame you one single bit. hmm

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

D... where the fuck you been??!?!

Went out of town for a week for Christmas. Also, I just have been trying to keep quiet and not really be negative. I am trying the whole, if I don't have anything good to say approach but fuck it.

Sometimes I feel message forums are bad for your health u know? GNR are the only one of my favorite bands that I post on message forums about and they seem to be the only one that I am negative or get upset about.

is that due to message forums? or is it because it is the only one of my favorite bands that give u reason to be negative?

I'm just trying to be over the whole GNR thing and just take it for what it is. I let people over at another forum totally rob me of my joy for this band over the years. The bullshit censor and deletion shit, the over the top love fest and ass kissing and excuse making over every single thing. It just kind of digs at u.

The bono/Faldor thing got me to thinking and It made me feel bad because Faldor hit it on the head. I am guilty myself at times of almost hoping New GNR and VR fail so I can possibly get a reunion, I don't want the new band to be better than the old band and I feel guilty almost being happy that CD is flopping so I can look at all the people who censor and bash u for having an objective opinion, all those who tried to act like Robin Finck was better than Slash etc.

I can take the numbers and be like "FUCK U" u are wrong, I was right BUT as Faldor said, I have to almost cheer for failure for one of my favorite bands to be right and that isn't how a fan should be.

I wasn't always negative and like this until all the bullshit started happening on GNR forums over the years. all the people who claimed Axl was GNR and the old band were lucky to have been in a band with him etc etc and how the new guys are superior to them before even releasing one fucking note. it just wore me down over the years.

I tried listening to CD on my way home from out of state and to be honest, I found myself skipping every other song and ended up listening to Scraped, Sorry, Catcher and Madagascar and that was it.

I feel bad for building this moment up in my head over all this time. I had this mythical comeback envisioned all these years and the VMA's, FUCK everything was so set up and just the constant bullshit and balldropping over the years has just left me deflated.

Can't see that I blame you one single bit. hmm

D, I appreciate your posts and your honesty.  GNR was like the San Francisco 49'ers of the 80's early 90's... A dynasty.  When anything less than a championship was a disgrace.....  Now 49'er fans are happy with a winning season and say "well, there is a lot of parity now".  GNR used to be the biggest greatest baddest band on the planet.  Now none of those words make me think of GNR.  Its a shame to see how far GNR has fallen.  I do "like" some songs on the album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

D, I appreciate your posts and your honesty.  GNR was like the San Francisco 49'ers of the 80's early 90's... A dynasty.  When anything less than a championship was a disgrace.....  Now 49'er fans are happy with a winning season and say "well, there is a lot of parity now".  GNR used to be the biggest greatest baddest band on the planet.  Now none of those words make me think of GNR.  Its a shame to see how far GNR has fallen.  I do "like" some songs on the album.

To a certain extent I think GNR fans hold Axl to an unfair standard. Granted he brought some of that on himself with allowing the album to be hyped so much, but NO ONE from that era can make music like they did in their prime. Its literally impossible. All artists peak in their late 20s/early 30s. Are Metallica, AC/DC. Megadeth,etc. making music to the standard they set decades ago? Hell no. I haven't heard the AC/DC album in its entirety yet, but that Metallica album is pure shit. These bands are all shells of their former selves. You cant expect AC/DC to make Highway to Hell quality music anymore and you cant expect Metallica to make a Master of Puppets/Justice type album anymore. All these artists we grew up with are either approaching fifty or are in their fifties.

So why does Axl have to be placed on a pedestal he can no longer stand on? When VR released their first album, I didn't see people bitching that it wasn't as good as their prior resumes. They just enjoyed whatever songs they liked on the album. Axl releases something and its supposed to surpass AFD.

IF there's a second album, I hope Axl avoids creating another hype machine(it clearly didn't work on any level) and just lets the music do the talking. Then maybe expectations can come back down to earth. Face it....He will NEVER, ever do anything fresh or innovative again. He can still make some good music obviously, but its time for the long time fans to realize the AFD-UYI type output of music for this band(ANY lineup) is loooooooong gone.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

To a certain extent I think GNR fans hold Axl to an unfair standard. Granted he brought some of that on himself with allowing the album to be hyped so much, but NO ONE from that era can make music like they did in their prime. Its literally impossible. All artists peak in their late 20s/early 30s. Are Metallica, AC/DC. Megadeth,etc. making music to the standard they set decades ago? Hell no. I haven't heard the AC/DC album in its entirety yet, but that Metallica album is pure shit. These bands are all shells of their former selves. You cant expect AC/DC to make Highway to Hell quality music anymore and you cant expect Metallica to make a Master of Puppets/Justice type album anymore. All these artists we grew up with are either approaching fifty or are in their fifties.

So why does Axl have to be placed on a pedestal he can no longer stand on? When VR released their first album, I didn't see people bitching that it wasn't as good as their prior resumes. They just enjoyed whatever songs they liked on the album. Axl releases something and its supposed to surpass AFD.

IF there's a second album, I hope Axl avoids creating another hype machine(it clearly didn't work on any level) and just lets the music do the talking. Then maybe expectations can come back down to earth. Face it....He will NEVER, ever do anything fresh or innovative again. He can still make some good music obviously, but its time for the long time fans to realize the AFD-UYI type output of music for this band(ANY lineup) is loooooooong gone.

agree with most of that. Not so much that musicians are out of their prime once they pass their 30's but that the expectations we put on rock bands like gnr to continue to create the same type of music they did in the past is not practical. 

Axl should find himself a bluesy guitarist and sit at a piano and finish out the rest of his career playing good old fashioned rock n roll. He's too old to give us what made us fall in love with him and gnr but he's not too old to give us amazing music and make some new fans.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great point James, which under the theory of a reunion, i've never signed up for - "they must absolutely do a new album".

Why? On it's best day, all you can hope is it MIGHT be Long Road Out Of Eden.

A new AFD, a new UYI... keep dreaming. I personally think CD by the new band is of the highest quality you could get. I think if the old band had done it themselves, it would've been worse and more of a clusterfuck.

It just isn't 1992 anymore.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

When it takes more than a decade and more than $14 million, when you keep the legendary name and keep telling the world all the time that the album will prove who was the heart and soul of GN'R, then fans expect something 'earth-shattering'. There is no way people should be satisfied with this album after all. If Axl put out albums of this quality in every 3 years, people should be satisfied. I would be. But after all the wait and all the hype it's a huge disappointment. After 12 years of 'work', you just don't release Shackler's Revenge, Rhiad, Madagascar etc.

Board footer