You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

James wrote:

CD was a viable single. All you have to do is look at the album's track list to see that. You don't even have to dig deep for Riad to become a viable single. It was either CD or Better on the launch pad.

If/when its time for a ballad to be a single, I wish Axl luck trying to pick one.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Okay guys, you're right. CD is a massive hit, and all the songs are massive radio hits, and i'm wrong.

roll

Pass that peace pipe while your at it, I need a bong hit. 11

i never once said massive hits...i said they COULD do well .... but the opinions on the majority of the songs are all over the place....if i was gnr i'd throw everything at the wall and see what sticks

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i never once said massive hits...i said they COULD do well .... but the opinions on the majority of the songs are all over the place....if i was gnr i'd throw everything at the wall and see what sticks

They should. I think the window for this album has closed so why not release every song as a single to radio. Wash their hands of it and if Axl's serious get onto the next album which he should release by the end of 2009 if he wants to salvage any of this Guns N' Roses thing as we know Guns N' Roses. Unless of course Axl just wants to start releasing music with no worries of carrying the Gn'R banner to the heights of what's expected of Gn'R.

Was this the thread I said I wasn't going to coment in anymore? 16  Shit I can't remember.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

They should. I think the window for this album has closed so why not release every song as a single to radio. Wash their hands of it and if Axl's serious get onto the next album which he should release by the end of 2009 if he wants to salvage any of this Guns N' Roses thing as we know Guns N' Roses. Unless of course Axl just wants to start releasing music with no worries of carrying the Gn'R banner to the heights of what's expected of Gn'R.

Was this the thread I said I wasn't going to coment in anymore? 16  Shit I can't remember.

Yes Bono, this was the one.  I am listening to the score from the wrestler, you know the direction I want the band to go.  I bought CD for a buddy of mine as a Christmas gift.  He gave 2 songs an "okay" rating.  He loved Axl's voice, but said, "there is no rythym to any of the songs.  The guitars just play fast solos, but there are no guitar lines that grab me and suck me in".  That is exactly right.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Okay guys, you're right. CD is a massive hit, and all the songs are massive radio hits, and i'm wrong.

roll

I know. I was referring more to faldor's post, how he's heard every song played on Sirius, so that must mean people like it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

CD was a viable single. All you have to do is look at the album's track list to see that. You don't even have to dig deep for Riad to become a viable single. It was either CD or Better on the launch pad.

If/when its time for a ballad to be a single, I wish Axl luck trying to pick one.

i kinda think sorry would have been a great first single since anyone listening to the lyrics would end up getting into the axl and slash drama. people love drama and it's a gret song. it kinda has that fuck you i'm back vibe to it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

roll

I know. I was referring more to faldor's post, how he's heard every song played on Sirius, so that must mean people like it.

Sorry man, I was just proving that songs ARE being played on radio.  You said no other songs would possibly be played on radio because people wouldn't like them.  Well they have played other songs, multiple times.  Somebody wants to hear them.  I too never said any of the songs would be massive hits and rule the charts, I was simply stating the fact that other songs could possibly be played on the radio.  Simple as that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just because a song is being played on the radio, doesn't mean anyone likes it.

Get back to me when those CD songs are released as official singles, and/or do some major charting.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
madagas wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

The hardest thing to do is to try and step back from being a fan to being an outside listener

when I listen, I try to hear a song and think "WOW, my brother, my best friend, my whoever would love that.

on CD............. the only songs I hear that fit that mold honestly are Better *which I hate* but I can be objective and hear the single quality in it, and "Sorry"

the rest... no

This would've been an amazing album in the mid 70's late 70's early 80's back before music became single driven. Cause the album from start to finish is a great trip there just really isn't a single piece that really catches lightning in a bottle and appeals to the masses.

you are bodering on no credibility at all.......Bon Jovi, your two faced posts here vs HTGTH-you kiss quite a lot of ass over there still. For a Southern Boy, I expect a little more. Buzz stays consistent, you are like a waffle. Seriously, choose a side and stick to it. It is obvious you don't like the new album or the new band, just come out and scream it...THERAPY.:nervous:

wow, u almost slipped this complete moronic bullshit post by me but unlucky for u, i spotted it.

Let me clear u up cause u obviously are pretty clueless.

I AM a GNR fan. I Do not want CD to fail, and I don't want Axl to fail

HOWEVER, I will not turn blind eyes and buy and swallow the tons of bullshit that come from Guns N Roses. If they do something great, I will be the first to give them credit but when they fumble and drop the comeback ball countless times, I am also gonna be honest about that.

When CD first came out, I loved it, I was excited, couldn't believe i had it and I thought it was a great album. As the weeks have passed and the more I've listened, it has quickly dropped as the songs just haven't had the staying power and I've tired of them pretty quickly.

If you are going by Here Today Gone To Hell posts, u are even more lost than I thought. U do realize that every single negative thing gets DELETED over there right? U do know this?

I have posted countless times about the shitty promotion, bad single choice etc etc etc ONLY  to have those posts deleted. I post here what I can't post there therefore it looks as if I do nothing but post positive over there and negative over here but that isn't the case.

It is just the bullshit politics over there.  Jarmo knows how I feel about CD and this band, I have more negative karma than anyone, I've had countless fights with mods, Jarmo and I have been called everything under the sun.

So don't sit and act like I am positive and kiss ass over there and two faced over here cause that just isn't so.

I have stayed pretty consistent over the years. does that mean I can never change my mind? Of course not. I will always be honest however, regardless. Somedays are more positive than others. Im not some GNR basher/hater that looks for any reason to be negative, so of course I'm gonna have positive posts.

How the fuck do I kiss ass over there?

Credibility? I don't think I ever have to worry about that.:thumbup:

Sky Dog wrote:

fair enough...I was being a little pissy, my bad.:/

Board footer