You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

-D- wrote:

Just saying Slash and Duff didn't need a household brand to be successful. they started a band from scratch and are gonna end up destroying GNR grammy and sales wise.

I think its kind of funny especially considering all the dumb ass "Axl is GNR" comments I hear on a daily basis.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

D is dead right.

Slash & Duff did better numbers, and DIDN'T have the GN'R name.

Sums it all up.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Just saying Slash and Duff didn't need a household brand to be successful. they started a band from scratch and are gonna end up destroying GNR grammy and sales wise.

I think its kind of funny especially considering all the dumb ass "Axl is GNR" comments I hear on a daily basis.

It's not all that clear cut. VR released CB in 04, a very different time for music. They also benefited from the long time CD has taken. If you can't have CD you might as well check out VR. They toured and did promotion. Put a face on the project. Then came Libertad and we saw how much people really cared about them.

In terms of creative output I think the majority of fans will agree that Axl is GN'R, at least more than any other collaboration without him.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Yeah - but only it's true that Axl is GN'R.

Sorry, but I'll take "CD" over "Contraband" or that God-awful abortion known as "Libertad" any day of the week. It's not even a semi-close competition.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

But they weren't trying to be GNR..  Not that I can tell by VR and solo efforts..  Its only really the media that kept calling them "almost gnr"..
For me, only 1 thing held back VR..  that asswipe singer

I hate to repeat myself, but If Axl is GNR all on his own, then why were Hollywood Rose so bad

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
mickronson wrote:

But they weren't trying to be GNR..  Not that I can tell by VR and solo efforts..
For me, only 1 thing held back VR..  that asswipe singer

I hate to repeat myself, but If Axl is GNR all on his own, then why were Hollywood Rose so bad

Gimme a break. They called the band "Velvet Revolver"...and the album "Contraband". Their singles Slither and FTP are GN'R clones.

Maybe it sucked because he was an immature teenager. From AFD on he never made anything that sucked. It takes time for talent to blossom. CD is proof that Axl is vastly more capable of making great music than his band mates, Izzy coming in a close second. I know opinions differ, but what Slash and Duff has put out post GN'R is a fuckin' tragedy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but that's not really fair to Slash & Duff.

Axl is GN'R by default in alot of ways. He's the only main stay to the band from it's creation, to the present, and that's primarily because he blackmailed his way to the rights to the name.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know we've got some radio guys here. What are some up to date numbers on Better? Maybe they should unload a new single next week.

doing alright in boston. no. 4 on waaf with cd at 8.

http://www.yes.com/#WAAF?chart

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

well thats the thing about opinions..no ones is right.
I dont like VR that much btw..  I personally think beautiful disease is the best cd from all the ex members.. hey but thats me

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
mickronson wrote:

well thats the thing about opinions..no ones is right.
I dont like VR that much btw..  I personally think beautiful disease is the best cd from all the ex members.. hey but thats me

I'm partial to Izzy's debut, personally. Gilby's "Pawnshop Guitars" is up there as well.

Board footer