You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Jason Lives: FRIDAY THE 13TH

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I may rent this at some point. Amanda Righetti from The Mentalist TV show is in this. She's smokin' hot.

Holy God ain't that the truth. I've been following that chick, like the perv I am, since The OC.

One of the hottest actresses ever...

http://blog.filmjabber.com/wp-content/u … hetti3.jpg

Yes.

Amanda_Righetti_4_435.jpgAmanda_Righetti_4_435_thumb_1684x0.jpg

11:drool::drool:

As Jay says in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, "Dude, I think I just filled the cup."

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This does look like a promising movie for sure.  I preferred the F13ths 1-4 the best.  The zombification got old quick.  I must say it's hard to talk about Jason with pics of Amanda hovering around.  This is bad, I'm getting a woody in a Jason thread...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Kill her mommy, kill her...

She' just like all the others.

SHE wasn't paying attention.

Kill her mommy...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You know what would really set this movie apart from all other clones and the rest of the remake trend?

If they actually gave a finality to the story. I know this wont happen since F13 is a cash cow and could easily become just as big as the previous franchise, but it would be great if they would just concern themselves with telling a great story and for it to actually have a real ending.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I agree James.  In my opinion "3" is the magic number.  Three movies can tell a great story without overkill.  The first one gives the backstory, the second kicks it into overdrive and the third gives it closure.  If they did this reincarnation correctly and was limited to three SOLID installments then it could be worthy of remembering.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No way, no how New Line will do that. TCM 2003 did that, and it forced them into the prequel-route. Had they just left it open, they'd probably been churning those bad boys out each year since 2003, both of them did good BO.

I think also, is that audiences do not identify with F13 characters, other than them being simply meat to kill. Jason is the anti-hero of the movies. Unlike say, Halloween where you're rooting Loomis to kick Myers ass.

Gunslinger wrote:

I agree James.  In my opinion "3" is the magic number.  Three movies can tell a great story without overkill.  The first one gives the backstory, the second kicks it into overdrive and the third gives it closure.  If they did this reincarnation correctly and was limited to three SOLID installments then it could be worthy of remembering.

The only horror franchise I ever remember doing that was the original "Dead" trilogy, which was set up much in the same. Night was the amazing kick off, then the epic Dawn, and then the finale Day. I know they all didn't connect with characters, but the atmosphere was presented in that sense. Well at least 'til Romero fucked up and made Land 20 years after Day.

Scream tried it, but Scream sucked balls so much to begin with, no one really cared.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Scream tried it, but Scream sucked balls so much to begin with, no one really cared.

And yet they made so much money. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's only cause they made everyone think Neve Campbell was gonna get nekkid in the first film.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's only cause they made everyone think Neve Campbell was gonna get nekkid in the first film.

They shoulda had Amanda Righetti instead. 1622

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That would've been interesting, considering she was probably in middle school at the time. 14

Board footer