You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: what are we disappointed with?

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

So the last 2 weeks have shown alot of negativity throughout the gnr online communities

the part that gets me most is that we finally all have gotten what we wanted, yet the negativity is almost as, if not higher, than anythign we've seen so far...long time new gnr supporters chanting reunion, the old school diehards claiming i told ya so, media calling it a flop. I'm actually shocked that we arent seeing and reading more "bring slash back" from the media, but the supporters of the new band who want him back

so waht is your big hangup on the record? cuz seriously i think its a pretty awesome effort by all involved...even if it is a bit over the top (though i think we all suspected it would be)

are we all angry at the lack of promotion and sales figures? what really does that say about us as a fanbase? we'd rather have sales than quality music? Can't we really just enjoy this? its a moment we've all waited for for a long long time...yet alot of us are clinging to the negativity that I thought would go away once we reached the promised land..its really a sad state of affairs when you think about it...can we gnr fans never be satisfied?

maybe if we fans showed a bit more support then Axl would be a bit more willing to talk to us once in a while

And maybe if he showed up to shows on time, and took an effort to talk to his fans, not have managers prep his 'open letters', and didn't give out date after date after date of false release hopes for two cash grab tours that were fraudulently marketed as 'The Chinese Democracy World Tour'... his fans would WANT to support him.

That comment right there is a BIG problem with the fanbase right now. If we don't powder his little ass, and sing him lullaby's at night, and tell him how great he is, we're not "real fans", we're just haters.

Oh okay. Seems to me, Mr. Rose wants his fans to be just like the beggars & hangers on he keeps around - to be "yes men".

Well, it's a new day baby, and i've got the Shotgun Blues.

The biggest disappointment is the fact that this is an amazing record, that will not get the attention it deserves, because of a lack of committment by Axl (big shock roll ).

I think people are throwing the word 'reunion' around right now, because this entire CD process has been such an absurd, insane fucking joke, that they hope the reason it's being buried (which it is), is because a reunion is already in the works. I think if VR were active and the wheels continuing to roll, successfully, on that, you wouldn't hear any reunion rumors. But they aren't. I think that coupled with the death of new GN'R, has got everyone looking towards the next horizon. The next big thing for Guns, and at this point, all that is left is a reunion.

No way is Universal suddenly gonna start busting their ass to get a second album out of Axl, so the future looks bleak for new Guns.

People are mainly unhappy, because it's such an anti-climax. WeTheLiving said it best. We finally got the album, and we expected the wheels to start rolling, that some normalcy would come to Guns. The absolute opposite happened. It just got WORSE.

In the words of Axl...

You've been used, you've been lied to, you've been manipulated...

Well - the fanbase is now the fucking Serpico. 22

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I am disappointed in the promotion, in Axl for not stepping up and standing for what he created, for the lack of a functioning band, and for all parties (from UMG to BB to Azoff/Gould) for taking their upfront money and phoning the rest in.

The music has been incredible.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not disappointed at all.  The album was what I expected.  The sales results are what I expected.  The sentiment about going forward is what I expected. 

I guess I'm only disappointed in the supposed die hard fans of the new band jumping ship as they have (not that I blame them).  I really thought people were more into the new band than it turns out they really were.

What new band? The supporters of the Axl-version GN'R were mostly the Robin and Buckethead fans. They have nothing more to support, but Axl, who made even their heroes go away. Well, some of them still support Axl in his silence and loneliness.

Anyway, WeTheLiving summed it all well. 5

yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at when I said

But I guess it's tough to feel that strongly about something that never really existed.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I do want to say that I'm not disappointed or surprised that some people really love the music.  This is Axl Rose we're talking about.  I think I would like CD:Stripped if such an album ever came out because I do tend to like Axl's song structures.  He lacks a lot of things, but writing terrific song structures isn't one of them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The only version of this band I cared about included Bucket. He's gone, but on the album. I got to see them live together and on CD.

What disappoints me is Axl has taken his fans for granted again. Sales, singles or awards will not validate my opinion that CD is a great record. Nothing can. It's good enough for me, but the same can't be said ab out Axl's behavior.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Lack of promotion, and getting interviews. The great thing is when fans of any band get a new album they don't just get excited about that. They get excited about new music videos, tours, new easily findable and promoted merchanidse etc. And we've not got any of that. We got the music side of CD but with most albums comes more than just the music. I want to see how to learn such and such song in guitar magazines. I want to see video lessons from band members. I want normal promotion because with normal promotion, you don't just get TV ads; you get interviews and other things. Also the lyric book missing lyrics really annoys me, I want to know what he says at the end of CD!

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Candidly speaking, I am dispointed in many of the fans, who seem obssessed with sales #'s, marketing, and all the commercial aspects of an album, instead of focusing on the art.  Like it or not, to me, the music is what matters.  I for one, while loving all things GNR, am thrilled with the music, and the attempt to move forward in a new direction.  It did not work on every song, but the artistic endeavor alone should be commmended in my book.  But, it is disheartening to see so many fans so fickle, that their own opinion of a piece of art can be influenced so easily by commerical matters which really, in the big picture, are not what matters.  An emotional connection is not determined by dollars, etc.  So seeing fans, all of a sudden changing their opinions about the music, or jumping off a ship because of PERCEIVED sales issues, is disapointing.  I love a good debate, and respect that music is subjective and different for everyone, but am appauled by so-called real fans being so easily swayed by the herd, and sales #'s.  Many of Bucket and Izzy's albums, did not sell millions, but they are brilliant.  Same goes for this--it is the work and music that ultimately matters.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Nothing changed when CD came out and the musicians Axl has now aren't capable of making music like the 01 line-up was. ChiDem was supposed to validate newGNR as a new beginning, but instead it's reliance on players who are no longer in Guns validates the 'it's Axl solo' theory. I thought CD would change things, but it changed nothing.

Sure the album's awesome. But instead of re-launching GNR, it signals its final and complete cretaive death.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Sure the album's awesome. But instead of re-launching GNR, it signals its final and complete cretaive death.

Make up your mind, is it a great album or does it signal death? You can't have it both ways. Creativity and album sales are NOT the same thing. Those of you  wanting/expecting Axl to "appeal" to the masses and be this "Bono" or " Bon Jovi" type of icon are in for a big dissapointment 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer