You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

While I do think it's cool Axl talking to the fans I will never start kissing Axl's ass like some have,it doesn't surprise me at all on those other forums because they are filled with mostly ass kissers anyway.

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Hopefully he spreads it around, and next time he comes online he stops here.

It'd be great if he did a forum tour  9

16 "A forum tour" and then if he's got the sense of humor I think/hope he does he could answer the first question with "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS OPEN WITH THE SAME QUESTIONS??? WHY CAN'T YOU CHANGE YOUR QUESTION LIST???" 16

HA!  In all honesty,  I wouldn't be surprised!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Not to disrespect anyone, but I really don't think this is the time to point any sort of fingers. I mean... who cares?? Within the last 3 weeks we got everything we've all claimed to want; the album and some communication with Axl.

I'm looking forward at this point. I'd love to see that Better video soon. I'd love to see this "monumental" stuff. I'd love to see another album, etc. etc.

Right on. 9

...ain't it fuckin' cool that we were linked by the official site?

Hell yeah.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Not to disrespect anyone, but I really don't think this is the time to point any sort of fingers. I mean... who cares?? Within the last 3 weeks we got everything we've all claimed to want; the album and some communication with Axl.

I'm looking forward at this point. I'd love to see that Better video soon. I'd love to see this "monumental" stuff. I'd love to see another album, etc. etc.

I am too actually, despite what some might think. Not to continue to unfortunately pull quotes, but I was and still am greatly looking forward to future albums by GN'R. Everything i've ever said was strictly business commentary, but as a fan... whatever gets me more music is a good thing.

This is one of the great things Axl did last night, and I hope the train keeps a rollin'.

We now know the new band is the future. What that lineup will be, is TBD. Chris hit on this a few weeks ago. They've got all kinds of stockpiled material, and are STILL continuing to work on new material. Axl's not just spinning his wheels and playing "Madden" as i've joked before.

Videos will be released. GN'R hopes that tours will be announced. CD will be pushed in other methods. Re-Releases COULD be possible. A second album could be out by this time next year.

GN'R could be active again for the first time since the early 90's. That's like the best fuckin' news ever in over a fuckin' decade. 9

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

it's good you're being nice now. a couple weeks ago you were calling axl dumb and were ready to have him committed.

So people aren't allow to criticize when they feel it's warranted and praise him when he is deserving? I don't know, to me that sounds like what a fair, open-minded person would do.

I've been critical and negative towards Axl, but I have no problem with giving him props for taking his time out to answer some questions for the fans. I think it was a great move by Axl and hopefully he will pop in occasionally. When he interacts he comes across as a very likeable guy and I think that would go a long way to win back the fans and cut down on the negativity.

Though I still think he's being selfish by going on stage so late. 16

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I can't believe the first guy trying to be a dick when Axl sticks his neck out to talk. And to shoot down Negative Nancy (fucksaw) from earlier. It wasn't pointless, and it wasn't vague. There was nothing vague about it. He wanted to talk about CD and was trying to get people to ask him about it, but everyone just wanted to ask the same, tired questions. "Any chance of a reunion?" "Why did the original lineup disintegrate?" "Do you still talk to Steven Adler?", and of course the fucking pointless questions: "Do you like the movie The Aviator?", and "Is your cat a meow mix cat?"

There were some great opportunities to get some info out of the man, but all the time was wasted on those stupid fucking questions. And we did get some cool nuggets too. Alternate album covers, new merch and t-shirt designs, and new song titles too!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Dr. Love, I think there's some people out there that just have no grasp over the fact Axl is STILL a public personality, and could only go so far with his statements.

If he comes out and goes - "fuck Slash". He gets 900 fuckin' responses by Slashites calling him a douche bag.

What does he want? Axl's not going to sit down and break down GNR's contract over the last 15 years with Geffen and later Universal. Frankly, it's none of our business, dollars and cents.

The questions that 'naturally' fans would want to know, he tackled head on, and then some. I couldn't believe he tackled questions on Steven Adler and even when people say he is bi-polar. That was fuckin' ballsy.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The most stupid question ever posted was "what do you think of Velvet Revolver?".
I get embaressed on behalf of those posting those questions and the likes. Really.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, some of the questions were lame. He commented on VR years ago(he liked CB), so there was no need in wasting a question on that. What was surprising is he offered to name off all the fake titles and wanted a list but got sidetracked.

JKL
 Rep: 0 

JKL wrote:

I agree. Most of the question were stupid or naive. Something that an eight-year-older would ask Ronald McDonald: 'What's your favourite hamburger?' or 'Are you an Irish descent because you have a red hair and glowing red nose?'

Board footer