You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Well the reunion route definitely seems dead.

He didn't come out and say it, but you could feel it in his posts. He's not going there, and he'll continue to focus on new Guns and future albums.

Wish him the best of luck. Looks like he's gonna stick with it, despite sales...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yes there are. There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real  booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's  been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and  whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has  always been something I've been passionate about and to release  the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work  only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available  still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave  is the How Are You Grenade cover.

Wow. That's really fucked up. Puts the silence before and after release in a bit more perspective. Wish Axl(or someone close to him) had brought this issue up when the liner notes leaked. A lot of the negativity surrounding the release started with that horrific booklet.

Like what had been speculated, it was a rush job. I look forward to seeing the real booklet that he envisioned. Too bad someone didn't ask him about the vinyl release.

I have no issues with Bucket. It's hard to tell what was real or not in things we were told by Merck. He's more than welcome to tour with us in some form or other provided we're both interested at the time and come to some type of reasonable terms. Personally I have a blast w/Bucket on tour and get a big kick out of the guy. A lot of feelings were hurt on this side of the fence in how things went down and unfortunately others used our silence and the public's not knowing for their own purposes at both Bucket's and our expense.

bucket Hopefully the era of Bucket hate will now draw to a close. He obviously doesn't have any issues with him, and he is leaving the door WIDE open for his return.

Wish he had dealt with this issue years ago.

Robin's work on the next is done so there's not lots for him to do here except the elusive promo and he'd rather be on stage.

It's more about seeing where things are when Guns decides it's right for a tour and if we're able to make agreements we both are comfortable and can live with at that time.

Finally.....an answer. If the second album is truly done and they aren't touring, there's no reason to get their panties in a bunch yet over Finck.

1st off obviously I knew people liked the song but the Brian appreciation really only showed up in force publicly after we had moved on in Guns. In fact Not many seemed to care and most comments were aimed at why Slash in their opinions should be here.

Brians solo itself is a personal fave of mine and I really couldn't understand as he's such a rock legend why it wasn't openly appreciated more at the time.

When was it not appreciated? When it leaked most were loving it. If he's referring to when news reports first mentioned May's involvement with GNR, there was no music to praise.

Strange comments regarding the track.

Sure but the actions taken so far had nothing to do with me and I was taken off guard as I had specifically told our team who fucking cares rt now we have a record to deal with.

So it was others in the camp who instigated that clusterfuck?

The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

Sounds like a Bucket inspired title.

only Atlas

Sooo glad to see him knock down a few song titles as fake. I got so sick of people saying they had 10 sec clips of No Love Remains. He also knocks down the theory of Eulogy being a working title for Better.

Like others have mentioned, too bad he couldn't have done these sorts of things from time to time over the years. Would have cut down a lot of the negativity, and would have put fake insiders out to pasture.

I'm with Bri.......no chance of a reunion happening in the near future. He wouldn't have insinuated the slight possibility of a Bucket or Finck return if a reunion was in the cards.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

Whens he coming over to this board tongue

a dexter signed up here we're trying to verify if its him or not..stay tuned wink

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Dexter/Axl wrote:

Robin's work on the next is done so there's not lots for him to do here except the elusive promo and he'd rather be on stage.

This was my favorite bit of info, we know there's more!

Dexter/Axl wrote:

Peace,

Axl-

And Checkmate is a bogus title.

I also was glad to FINALLY find out Checkmate is indeed real.  For years I thought this one was fake based on the bad recording clip we had.  I wonder if the "Jackie Chan" title thing was a joke?

Stradlin
 Rep: 0 

Stradlin wrote:

It made Blabbermouth news;

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=110709

And for those of you who think it was Axl?  A post on blabbermouth summed it up best and I agree with this post 200%

K. I'm calling bullshit on this. This isn't Axl. Its a freaking PR guy doing this iinterview trying to do damage control. Seriously, read this thing. I'm guessing that's why it's on a message board. I doubt Axl is going there to do this. Nope. Sorry. My guess is an advisor did this.

Do I know this? Of course not. But look at the history of this guy. He's not sitting down wasting his "precious Time" typing this shit. And the answers are speech right out of a speech writers handbook.

I want to add too that it was quite coincendenal that Fernando was on the board at mygnr.com the same time this supposed Axl was.  It looks to me that Ferando was Dexter in the beginning and then maybe Del took over but not Axl.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I think it was Axl.

Stradlin

Stradlin wrote:

He may have been there dictating some but for actually sitting there and posting it?  No way.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I don't know. Jackie Chan and Elvis and the monster of soul both seem fimiliar to me as song titles.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I think it was either Axl or Del. Leaning towards Axl wight now...

Stradlin

Stradlin wrote:

Regardless of who it was behind the keyboard, I agree that the some answers were vague and nothing new and they were skirted around to not actually give a yes or no response.  Like the Robin and BH question.  Why can't anyone just say yes or no when asked that question instead of some long drawn out commentary to where we are still left wondering?

Board footer