You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Shoes Thrown At Bush

Axlin16 wrote:

Not the western world, just everyone else not in the Muslim world.

They found it to be an insult. Throwing shoes at someone was significant to them. We had to be explained that it was an insult.

The rest of the world thought it was just some anti-Bush jackass throwing his shoes at him. A crazy.

The Muslims actually got it.

The rest of the world just reacted with a collective snore.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Even though I understand it's a big deal I just think it's funny because Bush got shoes thrown at him. It's a much bigger statement in Arabic countries than elsewhere, so to us we don't really think it's that important. Although it does obviously say a lot for George's "Universal Appeal"

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

True, but you got to admit the media shows you the hate.

They show that one guy that threw shoes.

Not the hundreds, if not thousands that supported him there and outside that day.

I know that's a small number, but still...

From everything i've seen through countless sources, just like America... the reaction of Bush & the U.S. is decidedly mixed over there. Not much different than what we deal with today. Some like him. Some don't. And the media sensationalizes it as much as possible.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Axlin08 wrote:

True, but you got to admit the media shows you the hate.

They show that one guy that threw shoes.

Not the hundreds, if not thousands that supported him there and outside that day.

I know that's a small number, but still...

From everything i've seen through countless sources, just like America... the reaction of Bush & the U.S. is decidedly mixed over there. Not much different than what we deal with today. Some like him. Some don't. And the media sensationalizes it as much as possible.

Entirely fucking true.  Don't believe the bullshit you see on TV as it always comes from a safe zone and 3rd or 4th hand information where it was either "cleaned" or modified to have mass appeal.  You never see a reporter in the actual firefight with the soldiers.  General rule of thumb, never totally buy into someone or something when they have an agenda.  To quote Nietzsche, the idea of attaining objectivity from selecting a few facts from an infinite number of facts destroys any notion of truth.

Some Iraqis hates us, some love us and some couldn't care less.  Some attack us on religious or politcal grounds and others are just sadistic fucks who get off to harming people.  The news and politicians never explain it to you like that because the masses like to have everything digested, organized and wrapped in a pretty box with a bow on top.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And of course me and you saying that Randall... we're just Bush lovin' neo-Cons. roll

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

So if Bush had a third term...where would we have a war next?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Canada sounds good... 22

9puya1.jpg

Board footer