You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: LA Times links to GNR Evolution

right after it says "internet saga"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b … -open.html

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

see Axlin08 and others, "Sorry" is NOT about the fans, as I said many times before. I hope this statement is enough to have you agree with me.

On Slash's book, which largely puts the blame at what's characterized as Rose's unwillingness to compromise as the downfall of GNR: "Then you have the mind twisting equally as true [explicative] in Slash’s book but I have the rehearsal tapes. There’s nothing but Slash based blues rock and he stopped it to both go solo and try to completely take over Guns. I read all this if Axl would’ve put words and melodies on it could’ve… That was denied and I didn’t walk till several months after having 3 to 4 hour phone conversations nearly every day with Slash trying to reach a compromise. I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or [explicative] off."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

see Axlin08 and others, "Sorry" is NOT about the fans, as I said many times before. I hope this statement is enough to have you agree with me.

On Slash's book, which largely puts the blame at what's characterized as Rose's unwillingness to compromise as the downfall of GNR: "Then you have the mind twisting equally as true [explicative] in Slash’s book but I have the rehearsal tapes. There’s nothing but Slash based blues rock and he stopped it to both go solo and try to completely take over Guns. I read all this if Axl would’ve put words and melodies on it could’ve… That was denied and I didn’t walk till several months after having 3 to 4 hour phone conversations nearly every day with Slash trying to reach a compromise. I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or [explicative] off."

GNRBABY... umm I said it was about Slash - from day one.

I really doubt the song is just about Slash

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

Well forgive me, but it bothered me terribly that some people would entertain the notion that "sorry" was about the fans. I think the lyrics are quite CRYSTAL clear on what that song is about. I thought you where one of them, but I'm not going to sift through countless posts to verify, I'll take your word for it. It's just silly how so many fans are just way, way, way off base when talking about GNR or Axl Rose.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, he was silent for so long, we had to come up with our own conclusions. I never speculated who it was about, cause I could care less, but it took him actually talking to us to get closer to an answer. If he weren't quiet for so long, fans wouldn't have been left to their own devices.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

I really doubt the song is just about Slash

Well, it's right here in plain black and white. After what Axl just said, it's quite apparent it's about ex-GNR members and other folks who pissed him off...

You tell them stories
They’d rather believe
Use and confuse them
They’re numb and naïve
The truth is the truth hurts don’t you agree
It’s harder to live with the truth about you
Than to live with the lies about me*

Nobody owes you
Not one god damn thing
You know where to put your
Just shut up and sing**

* This verse is about ex-gnr,press member, ex-managers,other people,etc telling the fans BS about GNR. We are the "Numb and Naive" and the "Used and Confused" in this song.

** This verse obviously applies to Axl's recent comment where he says Slash and others said "I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or [explicative] off."

That pretty much explains it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

Well forgive me, but it bothered me terribly that some people would entertain the notion that "sorry" was about the fans. I think the lyrics are quite CRYSTAL clear on what that song is about. I thought you where one of them, but I'm not going to sift through countless posts to verify, I'll take your word for it. It's just silly how so many fans are just way, way, way off base when talking about GNR or Axl Rose.

I agree. I remembered making the comment "I can't believe people are arguing over whether this is about Slash or not". I thought it was plain as day it was about Slash.

Axl doesn't want to confirm that, because he states that it pigeonholes the material. In other words, Axl's view on his work hasn't changed from what it was back in the day. It's whatever you make it. Whatever it means to you. No different than Mr. Brownstone or Bad Obession.

There were a few, with I thought Neemo being more outspoken that he thought it was about the fans.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Axl talked about what sorry was about

Axl wrote:

With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.
For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.
Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

There are some lines in the song directed to Slash I presume, but that doesn't mean the whole song is for him. It's what Axl says from there on out.

Board footer